Having hair fall problem. have taken medicines but problem persists. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
this is XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
used lots of prod refer by dr's no use
i was takin tablets for the hair
not no use
past 1 nd half months there is an lots of hair fall like any thin
May I know your age?
May I know approximately how many hair strands you lose in a day?
more than 100
at present i'm usin an Parachute Advanced Ayurvedic Hair Oil and shampoo is pantene
but i have maigrain head arch
s i did but few days its was fine again it started to fall like hell so i stopped
but i'm contiuenin the tablets
Let me brief you.
Hair falls are associated with multiple causes.
Though many a times the exact cause is unknown, sometimes it can be related to dandruff issues, increased stress, menstrual changes, being over weight, thyroid problems and localised scalp / hair problems - infections/autoimmune conditions.
Therefore your next step would be to identify if any of these conditions are contributing to your hair fall problems.
This is a self limiting condition which will improve in the next 6 months.
Therefore I would request you to plan a visit to a dermatologist. In the meantime, there are a few treatment options I suggest - you can try them.
1. Continue your current oiling therapy.
you need to massage your scalp and not your hair while shampooing.
i do tat
Shampoo your hair regular - perhaps you should do it twice or thrice a week.
3. Avoid combing wet hair.
you should also restrict using a towel while your hair is wet. Instead air dry.
4. As nutrition is very important, do not fast. Eat regular meals. The medications given to you are nutritional supplements. I prescribe Biotin Forte to my patients. If the current supplement is not of much use, you can try biotin forte.
5. Eat plenty of root vegetables - carrot, radish, potatoes and so on. They contain micronutrients and minerals essential for hair growth.
6. Manage your stress levels adequately. Proper sleep and early morning exercise are good stress relievers.
7. There are topical solutions such as Minoxidil which increase blood supply to the hair and improve hair growth.
I prescribe 5% solutions to my patients. Such preparations can be used for few months only after discussing with your current doctor.
8. It is essential that you rule out thyroid and anemia with tests. Polycystic ovarian disease which is a frequently noted in women should also be considered if your periods are irregular.
can u plz suggest me an dermatologist so i can met them
When you XXXXXXX a qualified dermatologist discuss about these condition and plan test to exclude them.
May I know your location?
H.A.L old airport road
and sum times i get eachin on heads
y its is like that i don't even have dandurff
I do not know much about doctors in that part of Bangalore. Manipal should have few good ones. Dr. XXXXXXX Shamsher is another name which comes up on internet.
You can google this doctor and know his credential/contact details.
Perhaps you can continue consulting him.
Head aches is a different entity altogether and not related to hair fall problems.
The pain could just be related to stress, migraines and other life style factors.
Without an opportunity to examine you, I would not be able to comment further about the causes of headache.
Hope you understand.
Do you have other questions?
no thank u so much
You are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suggest medicine for treating dandruff causing hair fall problem
- Having hair fall problem suggest measures to overcome this
- Suggest treatment for hair fall problem caused by dandruff
- Dandruff hair fall hair problems solutions and suggestions
- Suggest medicine and home remedies for treating hair fall problem