Having hair fall problem. How to reduce it? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Please explain your concern.
I'm 27 yrs female. I have moved from chennai to bangalore 4 months before.
after moving to bangalore my hairfall is increaded drastically
Initially i had drandruff problem a lot, then i started using nizrol shampoo which was prescribed by a physician long before .
i would like you advice to reduce hair fall problem
Can I know approximately how many hair strands do you loose in a day?
Are you there?
it should be around 10-15 while one comb, i usually comb twice a day
whithout combing also if i just relax my hair again 10-15 will loose
And may I know if your menstrual cycles are regular?
Are you on any regular medications?
yea it is regular
no i'm not taking any medications
Let me brief you.
Hair just like any part of the body rejuvenates - old hair is lost and new ones grow.
Scientifically if your hair fall is less than 100 strands of hair, then it is considered
absolutely normal and we need to treat such hair loss.
However there are few other factors which may have triggered the excessive hair fall after you shifted from your native.
Some studies done revealed that most young people who face hair issues are due to these 2 external factors.
Apart from these genes, hormones, dandruff and others play a role.
Now, based on your description it is possible that the stress of being in a new place and probably lack of proper diet
may have triggered your hair fall.
This in addition to the water/chemical changes may be causing it.
Are you following?
yea , I'm listening
So what I suggest is
1. Try looking at your current diet and see if they contain good nutrients in it.
A healthy diet needs to contain a balance of cereals, pulses, vegetables and fruits.
In addition to other protein XXXXXXX food.
2. Check if you are sleeping well. If your sleep is irregular and you have some sleeping issues, that needs to be rectified.
3. Try destressing if you are stressed out. Yoga, physical exercise, mediation and music are the best choice of destression.
these are the general measures,
coming to specific measure
4. You need to treat dandruff.
and twice or thrice a day is recommended if the problem is very severe
twice or thirce a week ?
That would depend on the severity.
You may try it 3 times a week, if it's fine with you.
5. Use a broad spaced comb,
yea currently i'm using thrice a week and feel comfortable
avoid using a hair dryer machine to dry your hair
6. Oiling the hair is known to give beneficial results.
Do oil your hair frequently.
i'm using olive oil once a week and coconut oil eery aleternate day
8. Lastly if all the measures fail, some medications like minoxidil may be tried under close monitoring by a doctor.
It is available as solution for topical application.
if there is a real need (if all the above measures have failed) then the solution can be tried.
okie Dr. I will follow all your advice in first place
before going for medication
Hope you have followed?
Do you have any other query?
yea yea I did.
Do you have any doubts/queries?
No queries Dr.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Thanks a lot for giving me clarification and suggestion
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Spider bite huge welt
- How to prevent hair fall problem
- How to reduce parrot hair fall
- Does aspirin help blood flow
- How to reduce hair fall
- Spots and boils on back of head
- Does a painful mole mean cancer
- Does birth control thin your blood
- Splenda and cystic acne
- Does a spot on the liver have to be cancerous if cancer cells are found in the colon
- Smelly white pus from cyst
- Does adderall show up on regular blood test
- How to overcome hair fall problem
- Red spot with white in the middle spot on breat
- How can one reduce hair fall problem