Having gastric problem with vomiting sensation and stomach heaviness. Suggest medication? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hello Doctor. Good Morning
Proceed with your query.
I'm having some gastrics problem since last Tuesday. I went to Columbia Asia and they some tablets for gas to take before my food
It got subsided after 4 days but again it got reverted yesterday. The symptoms are vomiting sensation, continuos burping, Stomach heaviness
I went to a local doc and he said it could be because of motility problems and gave Fybogel for bowel movement. Also, XXXXXXX - IT for gas
My question is what could be the reason for this. This looks repetitive. This is the first time I'm having this
May I know your age?
Did you undergo any tests at Columbia Asia Hospital?
ECG, BP and they are normal.
Let me explain.
The condition is a chronic problem associated with diet and lifestyle.
I mean it can be kept under control only with a proper diet and lifestyle.
The medications given to you are only for symptom relief (temporary); if you wish to have a permanent solution to this problem
you will need to change diet such as
1. Restrict spicy and oily food.
2. Restrict coffee and tea consumption.
3. Being regular with food timings.
Are you following?
In addition to the above diet changes, you also need life style changes such as
1. Brief exercise such as walking in the morning.
2. Reducing weight if you are over weight.
5. Regular sleep habit.
6. Lastly you should sleep only after an hour or two after dinner. Avoid hitting the bed immediately after food.
These measures will help in long term prevention of symptoms; while the medications given to you take care of acute symptoms such as what you have now.
Have you followed?
sure. How many days it might take by following above things to get me to normal?
These diet and life style changes are meant of long term control of the symptoms.
They may hardly make any difference to the symptoms now. However the above measures should bring your condition back to normal in 2-3 months time.
In the meantime, the symptoms can be taken care of the medications given to you.
You may add antiulcer medications such as omeprazole / pantaprozole to the 2 medications after discussing with your doctor.
They will help in proper control of symptoms as you practice the diet and life style changes.
One more thing, when the gas is more and the symptoms are high, I feel a slight pain on the right side of the chest below collorbone. Is this a normal symptom of indigestion?
Yes; it is most likely to be related to the indigestion.
I am sure your new diet and lifestyle will make a difference. Please follow it religiously.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
ok, thanks a lot doctor for your time and valuable suggestions
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What food to avoid to minimize diarrhea
- What is the treatment for painful and difficult constipation
- Lump in the vagina while pooping
- Tailbone lump post pregnancy
- Lumps in toddlers penis
- Have headache and vomiting sensation suggest medications
- Constipation vomitting sensation pain in upper stomach suggest
- What causes upset stomach during pregnancy
- White lump on tongue pregnant
- Suggest treatment for fever and vomiting sensation
- Stomach ache vomiting sensation tiredness
- Lumps under skin postpartum
- What causes stomach sickness after started taking sulfasalazine
- Vomiting sensation during first day of periods suggest effective medication
- Experiencing headache diarrhea and high heart rate after taking medicines