Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Having fever and breast feeding. Pain in legs, arms and headache. Suggest medication - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 08-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2550 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hello Doctor..
User:My wife has got 104 fever since last night..She is nursing
User:What medicine can be prescribed so that it doesnt affect Baby feeding
User:She is having pain in legs, arms and having headache as well
Doctor:I am concerned that she has a high grade fever. She can take calpol 500mg tablets as and when she gets fever
Doctor:for a maximum number or 6 tablets a day.
Doctor:If she continues to have high grade fever, (temperature beyond 100 deg F)
Doctor:take her to a doctor nearby for examination
Doctor:to determine the type of fever.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:But giving a Calpol (or any paracetamol tablet) should be fine while feeding, right?
Doctor:it is fine.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:I had one regarding my self
User:though not urgent..
User:I have got altered LFT reports for quite some time
Doctor:If you wish to discuss now, proceed with your question.
User:my ultrasound report says with Ultrasound report mentiond Chronic Liver Disease and Liver shows mild irregular outlines with mild coarsened echotexture
User:i went to ILBS , a hospital known for Liver..and had few other tests done..
User:Fibroscan came as 6.8kPa and Endoscopy confirmed duodonal ulcer
User:and repeated LFT came out normal..
User:it was in Feb
User:soince then, I get LFT done twice, with both time coming as normal..
User:except Alkaline Phosphate value on alittle higher range
User:Does all this confirms that I have cirrhosis?
User:Doctor at ILBS never confrimed that
User:total protien 7.6, Albumin: 4.2 and Globulin 3.4
Doctor:Though laboratory reports are normal, I am little concerned with your ultrasound finding of chronic liver disease.
Doctor:Since chronic liver disease is a broad term, it would be better to discuss with question with a gastroenterologist who are experienced with liver disease.
Doctor:I see you have posted this concern on Ask A Specialist.
User:I just did it
Doctor:The specialist would be able to address and clarify your doubts better than I would.
Doctor:I would suggest you to wait for the response from the doctor.
Doctor:You can discuss about this concern with the specialist.
Doctor:I hope you do not mind that.
User:Thanks, for all your help..
User:Absolutely not
Doctor:If you have any other question, you can discuss now.
User:no, thats it..
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor