Having dry, consistent cough. Was given linctus codine. Side effects? - Online Doctor Chats
hello doctor, good morning
Please proceed with your query
My wife is having cough from past few days...around 10 days
we visited a doctor yesterday and he did some initial tests with no findings
he recommended linctus codine as a cough supressant
i was going through the side effects of the medicine and found that breast feeding mothers should avoid it
i have daughter who is 8 months old and is on mothers milk
Sure, I will suggest you on this
May I know your wife's age?
what about now?
And the baby is 8 months old now
In my opinion the benefit from the medicine is more than the risks
is it safe...coz the doctor i visited was also planning to recommend some antibiotics to which we refused as one of the paeditrician warned us not to go for anitbiotics for mother until very necessary
She should go ahead and take the medicine for a short term like 4 to 5 days
I do not think antibiotic is necessary in her
As you said her cough is more dry kind
It is more in night
Linctus codeine is fine for her
yes weather can be a culprit too
coz we travelled recently
Ascoril is used in productive cough
You can give her Linctus codeine but for short term
ok then i will go ahead with the linctus codeine medication
and what about the dosage
Supportive measures will help in faster recovery
supportive measures like
Drinking warm ginger milk with a pinch of turmeric in it
Drinking warm water always
Avoid refrigerated food
Keep herself warm, well covered with warm clothes
Dosage of 30 mg three times a day is fine
Please check the content according to the ml and give the syrup accordingly
ok...and i believe she can continue with the breast feeding...or should we stop for the time being
No, there is no reason to stop the breastfeeding
Please ask her to continue it
sure...thanks for time and helpXXXXXX
Pleasure is mine
i will leave the chat window now.
Have a great day ahead
same to you...
and wish your wife quick recovery
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is dry cough a side effect of nabumetone?
- Duration of treatment with taxim
- Can i take a + d cracked skin relief for cellulitis ?
- Why doesmy tick bite itch months later
- I am suffering from blepharitis, can i take maxitrol?
- I am suffering from blocked nose, can i take bromfed?
- Is propecia used in the treatment of baldness, male ?
- Is dry cough a side effect of rituxan?
- I am suffering from acid reflux, can i take protonix?
- Tlc,dlc blood test
- Is dry cough a side effect of cubicin?
- Is dry cough a side effect of aleve?
- Mountex test for diagnosing tuberculosis in children
- Is dry cough a side effect of amiodarone?
- Stick needle on glans