Having cough and cold. Taking medicine for kidney stone. Is it fine to take medicine for cold with it? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am having cough and cold since last 7-8 days
I am taking soem kidney stone medication
so is it okay to take medicines for cough and cold?
What medicines are you on for cough and cold
and what medicines are you taking for kidney stone?
Usually the common medications given for cough and cold are safe with less known interactions with other drugs, however
I would be able to comment better if you can list the medications which you are taking now.
ok..I was taking some antibiotics..since I have undergone stent removal operation recently
currently I am taking K Cit syrup
K cit syrup is fine and you can take this along with general medications given for cough and cold.
It will not cause any interactions / side effects.
Have you followed?
what should I take for cough and cold?
Have you seen a doctor during the last 7 days for cough and cold?
no..but I took 1 cetrizine once
Ok, can you brief me about your symptoms?
yes..usually it happens at night
Are you running fever?
Do you have sorethroat / pain while swallowing?
Do you feel any irritation / sensation in your throat while sleeping?
Is there a headache?
but cough is there continuously
throat irritation is not much
Are you producing sputum / phlegm with cough?
Can you specify the color; quantity and consistency of the phlegm?
yellowish..its not coming continuously..now cough is completely dry
Thanks for providing the necessary details.
Let me brief you.
You probably seem to have an upper respiratory tract inflammation where the nasal discharge is trickling behind through the throat.
This leads to cough and the sputum production.
It is good to know that the sputum production is getting cleared and you are not running fever.
However without a clinical examination it would not be possible to predict the true nature/severity of the condition.
Therefore along with consulting an ENT specialist, I suggest the following measures for temporary relief.
1. Take deep steam inhalation thrice a day.
You can add contents of Karvol Plus capsule into the hot water and inhale for better effectiveness.
2. Use Saline nasal spray three times a day.
3. Sleep in a lateral position. Avoid sleeping supine (flat).
4. Over the counter cough syrup containing dextromethorphan - such as benadryl can be used twice a day.
5. Avoid cold and refrigerated food and drinks.
6. Keep yourself warm and hydrated.
7. Lastly plan to visit an ENT specialist closeby at the earliest for a personalised prescription.
All these measures will not effect the use of K-cit syrup.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
Thanks a lot
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Kidney stones and cold chills
- Kidney stones cold hands
- Will postinor 2 works as i took it on my most fertile day
- What is concor cor tablets
- Drugs/medication for hurt on lip
- Drugs/medication for brown freckle
- What does it mean when you have heaviness on your left side
- Costliest medicines kidney stones
- Stopped taking warfarin coughing up blood
- Drugs/medication for acute adrenal insufficiency
- Kidney stone medicine in cipla
- Impcops medicine for kidney stones
- Drugs/medication for raised white scar
- Drugs/medication for peripheral nerve disorder
- What effect is methadone and mirtazapine