Having cold and nasal congestion. Which medicine to take? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Doctor i am have mild cold
i think it is due to heat
which tablet would you suggest to get relief from this
May I know what you mean by mild cold?
you are feeling chills?
nothing like that but light nasal congestion
Since when are you having this?
from two days
Let me brief you.
Cold / nasal congestion is commonly caused by allergies or viral flu infection.
In the absence of other clinical symptoms it is very difficult to differentiate or identify other possible infections.
In this circumstance my suggestions to you are;
1. Avoid dust and other allergies.
2. Take steam inhalation with menthol, vicks or Karvol plus capsule.
*Karvol Plus is a green coloured capsule available in any chemist/pharmacy store.
You need to open and empty the contents inside this capsule into warm water.
taking steam is not possible for me as i am staying in PG
This will generate steam which you can inhale.
It is unfortunate that you cannot take steam as steam inhalation thrice a day is the most effective treatment for such problems.
3. You can try nasal drops / sprays.
mild liquid is coming from nose
it might be due to over heat in body
4. D-cold is a decongestant available over the counter can also bring symptom relief.
Does Cold act helps doctor
If above measures do not bring good relief, then you need to visit doctor. He can physically examine you and prescribe you antihistamines like levocetrizine with or without antibiotics/
You can take coldact instead of D-cold too.
But do not use both of them.
Ok... when should we take it....
Like night and evening?
The cause as I mentioned earlier is most like allergy or infection.
Night and Morning
Coldact can be used once or twice a day.
when used during the day.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
Now i am confused whether it is due to allergy or heat :)
I am not sure what you mean by heat. However the likely cause is either an allergy or viral flu.
if it is due to allergy, do we have light cough and body pains doctor?
If you develop fever or other symptoms such as sore throat, body ache, redness of eyes, increased tears, headache and so on infection is most likely.
Presence of body ache and other symptoms indicate a viral illness.'
Hope it is clear to you.
Do you have any other query?
yes it is
So i will go a head with COLD ACT doctor
Watch out for other symptoms especially high grade fever with chills.
Sure Doctor...Thanks for your advise..
you will need to visit a doctor if fever and other symptoms that make you very ill appear.
You are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What happens if you dont wipe after passing urine
- Whet happens after taking regestrone
- My esr level came down after bronchial cough
- What causes boils in children under age of 2 years
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with cough and runny nose
- Natural medicine for nasal congestion
- Night sweats cold nasal congestion
- Nasal congestion during teething
- Any suggestion for child suffering from recurring tonsillitis
- Nasal congestion and suffocation
- Why experiencing heaviness on jaw every time while eating
- What is the right medicament for a painful throat infection
- What causes blisters inside cheek inspite of chewing gutkha
- Sciatic nerve and ed how can i fix it
- Can i take coricidin hbp cough and cold for cough and nasal congestion?