Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having backache because of riding a bike. Suggest cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Sep-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:hi Doc..
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i have been having backache since sometime..
User:its mostly due to riding a bike..
User:as its better on Mondays as i get 2 days break..
User:would you be able to help
Doctor:Yes. I can help you. But I would need some more information about this problem?
Doctor:Can you answer some of my questions?
User:yes please
Doctor:Which part of the back aches?
Doctor:Is it upper back or lower back?
User:middle and lower...
Doctor:Can you grade the severity of pain on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most sever pain that you ever had)?
User:is more upper is less..
User:its bad when the travel is high..
User:lets say around 7 sometimes..
User:and around 5-6 on regular basis..
Doctor:What do you generally do when the pain is more?
Doctor:Does it reduce with rest or you need medicines?
User:apply a spray..
User:pain releiver spray like Moov or rellispray..
Doctor:Does the pain spread down to your legs?
Doctor:Do you have difficulties with walking?
Doctor:Are you able to pass stools and urine without any difficulties?
Doctor:May I know your age?
User:no other problems...
Doctor:Do you have any other medical illness such diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney problems?
User:only the back pain is the trouble and its persistent.
Doctor:Thanks for providing these details.
Doctor:The pain what you have seems more like a mechanical pain
User:sure please..
Doctor:related to stress and strain.
User:yes i think so 2...
User:as i said its much better on Mondays...
Doctor:However since the pain is persistent and occurring throughout the day, it is better to get some test done to rule out XXXXXXX problem.
Doctor:I would suggest X-rays of the back along with blood tests like complete blood count, ESR, calcium and Vitamin D level.
User:after 2 days break..
Doctor:Avoid strenuous physical activities.
Doctor:Follow proper ergonomics at work.
Doctor:As you plan the tests, you can continue using antiinflammatory sprays that you been using.
Doctor:if they fail to give you relief, you can use oral pain killer like ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 2-3 days.
Doctor:Ibuprofen is a prescription drug in India.
Doctor:you will need a prescription from a doctor to avail this.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:thanks ton..
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor