Having a stiff neck, not able to bend. Shall I take rest or should I continue with work? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
am not able to bend my neck towards left side
this is not usual with me
shall i take rest or can continue in office
Are you running fever?
by having any pain killer?
Rest will definitely be more useful than working with pain.
However if you are unable to take leave, I suggest the following:
1. Take a pain killer.
You can apply a thin layer of spray on the affected areas.
3. If a hot water bag is available, you can apply local heat using hot water in the bag on the affected region.
4. Do not try to turn the head when it's paining.
Further avoid strenuous position of the neck.
5. At home sleep with a straight back preferably using a firm pillow.
No pillow is better than very soft or very hard pillow.
Lastly as you said this is occurring repeatedly, perhaps you should consider changing your sleeping position, mattress or pillows.
Wrong posture of sleep is usually the cause for recurring problem.
Have you followed what I suggested?
Do you have any queries?
I have taken a pain killer
will follow the rest of advice as well
thanks a lot Dr.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Is there any other query?
not at this moment
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Oxy pro elite passes into breastmilk
- Hurts in my shuolder when i take a deep breath
- Constant pain below left armpit
- Racing heart, nausea, short of breath in children
- Stiff neck while taking pristiq
- Burning armpits shoulder blade
- Armpit pain burning shoulder blade
- Thoracic radiculopathy breathing diaphragm
- Late pregnancy stiff neck
- Stiff neck and gastritis
- Shoulder pain by armpit backside
- Shortness of breath and fast heartbeat and dizziness
- Neck spasms and stiff neck
- Neck stretches for stiff neck
- Pain in side between armpit and waist