Having a persistent abdominal pain. Digestion is normal, no weight loss. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
I have a query regarding abdominal pain
may i go ahead?
Please type your query
ok, i have been having a persistent abdominal pain since last november (2012). This is not a very heavy or intolerable pain, its on the left side of the abdomen, an inch away from navel, above the level of navel
my digestion is normal and i have not had any apetite or weight loss
Your age please
I am 37, male
i have a little more history to this one
back in the same time, (nov 2012), i skipped my usual meals one day, and ended up eating flour based snacks and aerated drink in the evening... after minutes after this, i had an uneasy and uncomfortable feeling in the left side of abdomen (the same area i mentioned). I ignored it intially as flatulence formation and was assuming it would go away in a short time.
this uneasiness lead to pain , and everytime i pressed that area it would pain...i almost waited for a week before consulting a doctor, who suspected that it could have been an infection and prescribed me an antibiotic (sorry i dont get its name) and another medicine called econorm. The pain did subside a couple of days after taking these medicines.
the doctor also asked me to consult a specialist should that pain reoccur. This pain never re-occured, atleast not in that magnitute. But ever since , i have been having this mild yet chronic pain which i feel a few times a day.
This is the history doctor.
no doctor. Actually, i was never illl bcos of this condition, just only a feeling of little uneasiness whenever this mild pains comes up
In my view, you must get an ultrasound of the abdomen
Sure doctor, may i ask you, if you suspect anything at this point of time.
I will get the ultasound scan done
This is most matched possibility for your symptoms
ah Ok. Sorry another layman question, does this symptom persist for months together?
It can be ongoing for months together without being diagnosed clinically
can i ask another question related question please
(again my knowledge is only from the internet), but when i had this pain i searched on the net, and appendicitis did come up in my search. however, i ignored it since they mentioned that the pain is usually on the right side of abdomen. However as i mentioned to you earlier, the pain is on the left side of my abdomen.
Yes, you are right
I am sorry, I am typing slow as my wrist is sprained today
Please do not mind
that is fine doctor.
The only sign that goes against the diagnosis of Appendicitis is the site of pain which is on right side of the abdomen
Rest of all the symptoms point to Appendicits
Sure Doctor, I will get an ultrasound scan done. Does this test need to be prescribed by a doctor? or can i directly go and ask myself to be scanned?
It needs a prescription from a doctor
Thank you doctor, i will get this done over the weekend.
I hope you recover quickly
thank you. appreciate your help on this one.
bye for now
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Abdominal pain diarrhea lump above belly button weight loss treatment
- Is severe stomach pain, cramping, or burning a side effect of yaz?
- Persisting abdominal pain on atenolol zanaflex morpir sugggestive treatment
- Queasy dizzy ringing ears during period
- Is upper right abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of velcade?
- Dizzy light headed shaking eyes
- What causes persistent abdominal pain since a laparoscopic myomectomy
- How is abdominal pain due to weight loss treated
- Dizziness and heaviness in the eyes
- Is lower back, side, or stomach pain a side effect of edarbyclor?
- Low lymphocytes low eosinophils dizziness fatigue
- Dizzy or stars in eyes when standing
- Is increased volume of pale, dilute urine a side effect of aleve?
- Abdominal pain severe bloating constipation weight loss ovarian cysts cure
- Is swelling of abdominal or stomach area a side effect of acthar?