Have severe cold and allergic cough. Breast feeding. Suggest medication? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Doctor this is XXXXXXX
Proceed with your query.
Yes XXXXXXX proceed with your query.
can you please suggest a medicine
And i have 14 month old baby
i m still feeding her
and i do it in the morning and evening
Can you describe the type of cough - is it dry or with mucous expectorant?
please suggest a medicine which doesnt harm the baby while feeding her
its dry and sometimes with very less mucus
Does the severity change during the time of day?
Do you have breathing difficulty?
Are you running fever?
yeah i do
now i dont have fever
but i have body pains
Do you mean you have breathing difficulty with body pains?
actually ever since after my delivery i had been having body pains...
due to cough and cold ihave breathing difficulty
May I know your age?
nose gets completely blocked and i have to breath thru mouth
Do you have history wheezing/asthma?
i m 36 yrs old
Let me brief you.
wheezing only when i have cold
where can i get it
Therefore I think it would be worthwhile to see a doctor who can examine your lung and confirm that you indeed have bronchoconstriction.
and how about medicine for cold
If confirmed, drugs such as salmetoral are very helpful.
for cold which medicine can i take doctor
As far as cold is concerned, you can try saline nasal drops three or four times a day.
If symptoms are severe nasal decongestant can be used at night.
In addition to it, you can try steam inhalation thrice a day.
Eat healthy and warm food.
Have you followed what I suggested?
yeah doctor i got it
so there is no need for medicine for cold like cz cold, wellcold or citrazine
for temporary relief
As you said you are breast feeding, I would like to avoid oral drugs unless you need it.
You can try the nasal drops and steam inhalation;
can i take sinarest
if there is not much improvement with topical agents and steam you can use antihistamine.
is it a tablet
Sinarest contains paracetamol. It also contain antihistamine and caffeine. If you choose to use it, use it after you breast feed;
Have you followed?
thanks a lot
and how many hours taking the tablet can i breast feed
and how many hours after taking the tablet can i breastfeed
I shall answer this question the following way.
1. In all my patients who breast feed, I prefer not to use oral medication. If there is an alternative means to treat it, I would choose alternate methods.
2. In your case, the cold should respond to nasal drops and steam inhalation.
3. If steam inhalation and nasal drops are tried and not effective, then oral drugs can be used.
4. Most drugs including cetrizine are ok during breast feedings, since the drug secreted into breast milk is very low; more over you only breast feed twice.
5. However while on oral medication, prefer to take the medicine after feeding; or you can breast feed the baby after an hour or two after taking the medicine.
Hope it is clear now.
Do you have any questions?
thank u very much :)
its very clear
u have been helpful
bye for now
Thanks for consulting now.
bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in