Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have power in eye. Any option other than glass? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:my name is XXXX
Doctor:Yes XXXX, proceed with your question.
User:a day back i visited eye doctor and got to know that i have power in my right eye and he suggested me a glass
User:now my question is .What happens if i dont wear the glass ??
User:do my power increases ??
Doctor:You increased the chances of worsening.
Doctor:And yes the power can increase.
User:any alternatives other than wearing glass
Doctor:Contact lenses is similar to glass but is more aesthetic.
Doctor:The next option would be surgical correction in the form of LASIK.\
User:how much the lasik treatment my cost and do it provide permanent solution ??
Doctor:It doesn't guarantee a permanent cure. But there is very low chances that refractory error will recur again.
User:how much it may cost in approx ?
Doctor:It might cost some where between 25-30 thousand INR. This is my rough guess; as I do not practice LASIK procedures.\
Doctor:You can contact an eye institute and they will be able to give you the right estimate.
Doctor:Have you followed?\
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:thank you
Doctor:You are welcome.\
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor