Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Have pimple like dark spots on back. Which ointment should I apply? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:I have dark spots on my back which appear as a pimple would appear after blackening, but not protruded. Please let me know what I can apply for the same.
Doctor:I can see that your query is about dark spots on the back
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:It seems that you are not respoding
Doctor:Please login again to chat with a doctor
Doctor:Bye for now
User:my query was about the spots on the back
Doctor:It seems that you are having pimples and as they resolve you get scars and darkening
Doctor:Let me know if I am incorrect
User:these have been there for a long time now... 5-6 years
User:but i guess they are from the pimples i had then
User:i have some pimples now and then.. which also turn into spots later
Doctor:So your main issue is pimples
Doctor:For pimples, I personally like a face wash from Ponds Pimple clear
Doctor:It has just the right contents to clear pimples
Doctor:For the dark spots, if these are mild
Doctor:then these will clear up with time
Doctor:If these are bad then some lightening cream can be tried under the supervision of a dermatologist
Doctor:The medicine may be kojic acid, salicylic acid,etc
Doctor:These creams may cause redness of normal skin, thus should be applied on the dark spots only
Doctor:Are you there?
User:okay.. will try out with ponds pimple clear first
User:is it possible for you to share a contact of a good dermatologist where i can get it checked once
Doctor:I think our customer care team can help you with it
Doctor:If you can tell me your phone number, they will contact you soon
User:they have my number... XXXX login
User:thanks a lot for the help :)
User:bye bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor