Have hypothyroidism. Swelling in leg with a dent, painful. Related? - Online Doctor Chats
thanx for coming online
My leg is swollen from y'day and it's painful also
it's not the leg it the feet
Ok is it just one foot?
both my feet
Were you hurt or remember hitting it?
no not hurt
Were you able to press with the finger for half a minute at the ankle, do you see dent
yes a very bad dent
What is your age, gender?
im 39 and female
Were you sitting for long hours without any movement?
yes thyroid hypo
sitting and working which im doing from past 15yrs.
and i also take cobodex
Are you not able to wear the footwear?
no that is what is worrying me doctor
Ok, did you ever had similar problem in the pst?
i use when i travel but not so badly
With the explanation, this is called bilateral pedal edema. This is generally seen in various conditions
1) Prolonged sitting without movements
2) Health conditions like low Hemoglobin
Though there are other conditions which are serious, they do not apply to you. THe bove conditions may apply
So best thing is to keep your legs elevated all the time whenever you sit and sleep
on a stool, three pills at the level of knee while sleeping
this will produce over night results
Second you need to check if the thyroid, Hb and protein levels
Actually the swollen legs are because of the fluid coming out of the vessels into the spaces in between the cells
All the above conditions will cause this
today i went atlist more than 20 time to Urine
Did you take any tablet for thiss?
Immediately you can keep the legs elevated than your upper body
Wear a stockings while at work will help
Getting tested is important
So I suggest to visit a General Physician
im keeping my leg on the chair
can i go and see general physician tomorrow pls
i'll take all your advice
You can stop Cobadex
ok i'll do that
Thyroid testin, Hemoglobin, Urine protein, Serum protein, Liver function tests
what is serum pls
is anything wrong Doctor pls
I hope no
Did you follow?
Do you have any more qustions?
yes i'll see the near by doctor and let you know pls
and today i'll keep my feet in high
no thanx Doctor
Thanks for visiting me.
Thanks for visiting me.
Keep the pillows under the knees
no at the foot end
yes i'll do that
Bye fo rnow
Bye bye take care thanx
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Calf pain or swelling with hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism and dysmenorrhea relation
- Is rice good for thyroid
- Polymenorrhea related to hypothyroidism
- Is pistachio good thyroid patients
- Diagnosis of papillary/follicular thyroid cancer
- What causes leg swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- Diagnosis of facial acne
- Is ragi good for hypothyroid patients
- Diagnosis of abnormal lipids
- Is ragi good for hypothyroid
- Diagnosis of insulin deficiency
- Jaggery is good for thyroid nodules
- Diagnosis of involuntary spasms
- Hypothyroidism aching legs