Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Have frozen shoulder. No swelling. Recommended crocin relief. Sufficient? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1506 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
Doctor:Proceed with your query
User:Have a slight frozen shoulder on the left side. Any exercise or medication to reduce the pain
Doctor:Have you been diagnosed with frozen shoulder?
User:no not diagnosed. but has pain while moving in certain direction or position
Doctor:If you haven't seen a doctor yet, may I know since when are you having this problem?
User:no i havent seen a doctor yet. this problem has been in existence for a few months
Doctor:Did you sustain any injury?
Doctor:Is there any swelling associated with the pain?
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:Let me brief you.
User:no dr there is no swelling or visible change.
Doctor:Pain in shoulder joint can be caused by multiple reasons.
Doctor:Joint inflammation, frozen joint, bursitis, referred pain and many other could be the cause of pain.
User:ok dr
Doctor:Without a detailed clinical examination and radiological test, it would be difficult to differentiate these conditions.
User:sure dr
Doctor:As such most of the above conditions respond to antiinflammatory drugs.
User:Heard the term from a dr when i went for a routine physical examination a few months back during the annual check-up
Doctor:Crocin pain relief and volini spray are oral and topical agents respectively.
User:ok dr
Doctor:Both these are antiinflammatory agents that can relive pain.
User:sure dr will try that before going for an exercise schedule for the same
Doctor:you can add warm compresses using hot water bags, herbal antiinflammatory agents like moov or other pain balms for additional benefits.
User:Ok Dr. Thank you very much for the advise.
Doctor:As far as exercise is concerned, exercising a painful joint can worsen unless it is performed under trained physiotherapist.
Doctor:I would suggest you to visit a nearby physiotherapy centre and perform the exercises under guidance.
User:ok dr.
User:Thank you very much
Doctor:If symptoms start to trouble more, I would encourage to visit an orthopedic and get Xrays of the affected joint.
Doctor:Hope this answers your query.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:yes dr.
User:No Dr. no more queries.
User:thank you very much
Doctor:You are most welcome.
Doctor:Thanks for consultig me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:Taking your leave, BYe
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor