Have a problem with Posterior tear intervertebral disc and diffuse disc bulge. Surgery needed? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hello doctor, this is XXXXXXX
i require a suggestion to get my problem treated
Proceed with your query.
i have a problem with:" Posterior tear at L5-S1 intervertebral disc
diffuse disc bulge with right paracentral prostrusion of l5-s1
causing compression over adjacent thecal sac and its contents with right neural foraminal obliteration
i have drafted, you, from a scan report
kindly suggest me, previosly doctor's(ortho) advices to have a surgery done
and i havn't done.
i want to cure this, pain that it was causing
Have you seen a neurosurgeon/back surgeon for this problem?
by the way, which specialist i had to go with, either Ortho or Neuro
Let me brief you XXXXXXX that will answer your queries.
The scan reports right neural foramina obliteration at L5 and S1 disc space which is probably compressing the nerves arising from there.
This is what is causing the pain.
2. Surgery is an attempt to decompress the nerves in this narrowed foramina.
However conservative treatment can be tried if the symptoms are not very severe or if there is a neurological deficit.
3. Whether or not there is a severe compression / neurological deficit can be known by a detailed neurosurgical examination and a test known as EMG (electromyogram)
I am not sure if the orthopedic you met have considered all these, yes, if the orthopedic is an experienced back surgeon he would have considered those.
r u there doctor
It seems you have moved away from the chat window.
Please login again if you have a medical query.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Trigeminal neuralgia and shoulder pain
- Natural remedies for nervous system
- What causes mildly raised bp inspite of taking lipitor
- What causes decreased menstrual flow after wearing tampons
- Mri said diffuse disc bulge with posterior central propensity explain
- Is there a connection between fibromyalgia and kidney stones
- What is better than piracetam
- What is zonegran prescribed for
- Amitriptyline 10 mg for nerve pain
- Diffuse disc bulge is there need for surgery
- Have mild posterior diffuse disc bulge recovery period
- My penis is not responding during sex
- Mild diffuse disc bulging
- Lumbar diffuse disc bulge
- What are these painful lumps on my shin