Have a habit of chewing tobacco. How can i get ride of it? - Online Doctor Chats
i have a habit of chewing tobacco(masala) for past 15 yrs how can i get ride of it
Since how long have you been doing this?
since last 15yrs
And in a day how many times do you do it?
Do you also smoke?
May I know your age?
Let me brief you.
Tobacco in any form causes produces its effects from
2. Physical irritation / smoke damage.
Both these factors are responsible to cause addiction.
To quit this habit needs lot of personal motivation and effort. There is no replacement to these.
Therefore, if you are motivated there are few other measures
that can help you quit this habit.
I shall first describe those aiding measures.
1. The first aiding measure is nicotine supplements.
Currently there are nicotine gums / nicotine patches available easily at any nearby chemist.
One such brand is nicorret.
i have already tried the same
This is basically a chewing gum which can be taken whenever you get the urge to chew tobacco.
In addition to this gum, you also need to reduce the frequency of chewing tobacco for maximum benefit.
What I recommend to my patient
who do not find such supplements useful is
Instead of completely quitting the habit to alter the use of supplement with tobacco.
Over a period of few weeks, slowly reduce the number of tobacco (the time between 2 tobacco).
I would suggest the same to you.
Such gradual tapering with the supplements have helped a few individuals.
2. The second option available
when no improvement is seen with nicotine supplement is medications.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How is chewing tobacco harmful
- Muscle tightens after i smoke weed
- How to chew chewing tobacco
- Lupus and breast inflammation
- How to stop the habit of chewing tobacco
- Vagus nerve and breathing disorders
- How to get rid of the habit of chewing tobacco
- Mmr and breastfeeding
- Painful deep breathing causes
- Take shower after use methamphetamine
- Carbon monoxide breath test
- Smoking weed after few months off
- How to shake chewing tobacco
- Smoke weed after microdisectomy
- Throbbing sensation after weed