Had small skin peel. For how long tetanus toxide works? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
i wanted to ask.. for how long tetanus toxide works
i had a shot in sep-2009
one in 2007
i have a small skin peel, on toe (very small)
from scooter stand
do i need another one
wats the diff between ATS and TT
No. Since it was taken around 3 and half years back, you do not need another shot now.
i dont know in 2009 / 2007 I got which
ats or tt..
Ok. In case you are in doubt, you can take it again now. There is no harm in having a booster dose.
TT is tetanus toxoid.
ATS is anti tetanus serum
why doctors ask have you had TT in last 1 year..and insist to go for it
ATS is given only when there is a wound which is massively dirty.
though its 5 yrs
ATS works only for that time.
so common practice is to give TT
But toxoid does not have the antibodies.
unless deep & dirty wound
TT is given to start production of antibody within the body.
i am ot sure when i got ATS :)
You can follow this suggestion
i'll skip for this time
In case you are not sure you have taken TT within the last 5 years, you can go for a TT shot.
Thanks Doctor :)
Since you are having only a small skin peel, do not worry.
Just wash it with soap and water.
thats wat i did :)
Great, you have done the right thing.
Thanks for your advice and inputs..bye :)
Thanks for asking me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How is nerve compression and irritation treated
- Tetanus how long after injury
- How can dark under eye circles be treated
- Fluconazole 200 mg tablet
- Acyclovir 400mg tab ranbaxy
- Erythromycin 250 mg filmtab
- How is hydrocele treated
- How long does the effect of tetanus shot last
- Clarithromycin 500 mg treatment
- Expired tetanus toxide
- Sufferer of tuberculosis
- How hypokalemia causes tetanus
- Peeling of skin on thumb no blood fear tetanus
- Rash on upper lipswollen lips
- What is trans urethral resection of prostrate