Had hernia surgery. Can I lift weight? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hello. I had a hernia surgery on 26 Sept and now I am ok - but would like to know about the extent to which I can lift weights
Weights not as in body building but like carrying a laptop etc
Sure. You can carry light weights like laptop.
Could you please tell me the normal weight that I can carry such as 2 kg or 5 kg etc
You can carry any weight as long as it does not give pressure to your abdomen.
Thank you Doctor
Because there is chance of recurrence if a pressure is exerted on the abdomen.
Have plenty of water, vegetables and fruits regularly.
Thank you doctor.
Have you followed?
Hope I have answered your query.
Yes. Sure I understand
Thank you for consulting me.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Recovering alcoholic and high tolerance to pain meds
- Depression constipation cold sensation weight gain tsh level abnormal help
- Hernia surgery for large hernias
- Accidental intake of bones in the food will i die
- Do people gain weight after hernia surgery
- Gaining weight after hernia surgery pain
- Had renal transplant previously having diarrhoea on medication suggestions
- 7 year old with constipation and sticky stools any medication
- Recovery from septic shock
- Weight gain after hernia surgery
- Receiving chambers of the heart
- Hernia recurrence after hernia surgery
- Burning urination nausea vomiting sore back shivering urine test normal
- Recurrent laryngeal nerve damage symptoms
- Reasons why men should take a daily multivitamin