Had blood in stool. Observed small tear in anus. Suggest treatment? - Online Doctor Chats
Good morning doctor
How can I help you?
Yesterday while my bowel movement I saw blood in stool
It happened today also
What I observed is a small tear in anus at corner
This happened to me 2 weeks back and again it happened yesterday and today
Stool is not hard
My bowell movements are fine
I visited my family doctor and he said it could be because of haemoroids
I am getting worried because of this
Its not small amount of blood
Are you there?
I am sorry,
*whether a per rectal examination was done or not?
I can see the tear clearly though
Its like head of very small nail
Do you have pain while passing stool?
Is there any swelling or lump felt at the anal region?
May I know your age and do you have any other medical problems?
I could not see any
age is 32
I have gastric problems
May I know the colour of blood - was it like a pure blood or black stained stool?
Its pure blood
Let me brief you.
It does not come with the first stool comes out
It happens when big chunk is coming out
Ok, let me explain.
2 most common cause of anal bleeding is fissure (trauma/cut to the anal mucosa)and hemorrhoids.
Unfortunately both these conditions are painful condition and invariably patients complain of pain / difficulty while passing stool.
I dont have pain however some times I get little pinching
Even when the bleeding happening, I feel little pinch feeling but not so pain
If there is some stinging sensation perhaps there may be minor injuries caused by ? forceful expulsion
But ultrasound definitely is not the investigation of choice here.
What you need is a per rectal examination with or without scopy.
This will confirm whether or not you have those tears.
Though the investigations are needed to confirm the condition, in my opinion
you need to wait and observe for a few days.
Do you mean to say, there may be more tears apart from the one I am seeing
1. Take warm sitz bath for a few days if the stinging sensation is discomforting.
2. Wait and observe how your symptoms are progressing in the next few days. Most minor tears heal by itself.
Only those where the symptoms persist or worsen say after 5-7 days can be evaluated.
3. Take a diet containing plenty of fibres. Consume plenty of banana to soften stool.
And drink plenty of fluids.
I expect you to be alright with these measures.
if symptoms persist / worsen in the next few days, consult a surgeon for examination.
As I said, I can clearly see blood from the tear I observed and it stops on its own
BTW, I have pin worms as well
Do not worry, minor tears heal by itself.
Another thing I observed is, last week I am out of station and I did not see any blood
Worm infestation are other cause of bloody stool.
I drove my car to office and last week when I did not drive, no blood is observed
That would be my 3rd possibility if fissure/tears are ruled out by per rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy.
It is extremely difficult to differentiate between blood caused by worm infestation and fissures.
since you mentioned that there is a stingy sensation in the anus while passing stool, I would rate minor fissures as the cause more than the worms.
Both of these can be treated and we can wait for a few more days before starting any treatment.
The measures that i mentioned should take care of minor fissures.
A surgeon can help you if you the symptoms persist / worsens.
Hope it is clear to you.
Do you think this is worrysome?
Do you have any queries?
Your current symptoms are not worrisome.
*hemorrhoids too are graded based on the symptoms; and only the last grades are very troublesome where surgical treatments would be needed.
So do not worry.
Use sitz baths and dietary modifications.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
thats it, thank you
you are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Blood in stool itching in anus treatment
- Is fever a side effect of dulera?
- Blood in stool burning in the anus hemorrhoids
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Is cough a side effect of axiron?
- Is rash a side effect of duricef?
- Blood in stool pain in anus treatment
- Chest pain upon running heart check up normal anxiety
- Is hives a side effect of lortab?
- Is fever a side effect of lialda?
- Suffering from gaseous extractions bad odor cause and treatment
- Burning while urination and bowel movement reason
- Suncken crown on major diet change consult doctor
- Heartburn having lesion taking medication any ideas
- Blood with stools abdominal pain due to tear in anus