HIV,ELISA - Online Doctor Chats
User : hi
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : hi...
User : I just want to ask
User : I had a sexual encounter last week of may of last year
User : i had an hiv test 1st week of sept
User : of the same year
User : tive
the result says non reac
User : the result say non reactive
User : is it fine to say that i am truly hiv negative?
User : doctor?
ELISA is 99% sensitive in proving a person to HIV positive
User : what's ELISA?
Doctor : Test for HIV antibodies
User : ok
User : and the period between the HIV test and the encounter
User : is enough?
User : last week of may - sexual encounter
In fact you can repeat the ELISA till 6 months after the encounter
so till Nov end
Doctor : It is good if you can re test after one more week
User : but with the present results... can i say that i am completely negative?
It is but the HIv antigen can convert into an antibody till 6 months
and the tests only check for antibody
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- False positive hiv elisa
- Reference values for hiv elisa
- Back extensions at home
- Razor burn on vagina
- 1000 pushups a day
- Hiv elisa lab test
- Symptoms of conus medullaris syndromes
- Symptoms of body's inflammatory response
- Symptoms of chronic congestion
- Symptoms of inflammatory, large doses
- Symptoms of ways hiv infection
- Hiv elisa accuracy by week
- Does olive oil make your hair grow
- What does flaxseed oil do
- Hiv elisa test accuracy