Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

HIV and ways of transmission - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   Hi
User :   my query is regarding Hiv aids can i talk to an Aids specialist please?
Doctor :   Sure

User :   are u an aids specialist?
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner here

Doctor :  
I can help you with my expertise
User :   ok
Doctor :  
If required, I shall recommend you to a specialist
User :   ok
User :   My problem is that i had intimacy with a guy of 25 years of age.....but he was a stranger and i do not know his history or previous partners....i my self am a guy......
Doctor :   Proceed with your query

Doctor :   Ok

User :   so i want to know assuming that he has aids will i contract/get infected with aids if a.)we deeply french kissed each other b.)deeply tounge kissed each other causing saliva to be exchanged c.) i deeply sucked his nipples.....but no blood or semen was ever involved in the whole intimacy period.
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
I shall explain
Doctor :  
First of all you cannot assume him to be having HIV infection
Doctor :  
and even with that case, the most common mode of transmission
Doctor :  
is via penetrative sex, anal in your case
Doctor :  
if that has not happened
Doctor :  
then with other routes though there is a very rare possibility, there has not been a case reported till dat
User :   no it has not happened
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
So you are in the safe zone
Doctor :  
and there is no need to worry
User :   doctor does male nipples have any fluid like the female nipples? because that is the only high risk thing i did.......i have heard that aids can never spread through salive is this true?
Doctor :   You should not worry about that
Doctor :  
even with womens milk, there has not been any cases reported
Doctor :   though it is always advised to avoid it

User :   sorry to be speculative but does that mean that i can assume that i am totally
User :   safe
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Nevertheless, I would suggest you to take a test
Doctor :  
and confirm it
User :   but i heard people saying that u must wait for 6 months?
Doctor :   Yes, but 6 weeks

Doctor :  
no need of 6 months
Doctor :  
a repeat after 6 months, but not required in your case
Doctor :  
just for the confirmation sake, I am suggesting
Doctor :   If you feel embarassed to take it

Doctor :  
then you can take it with a complete blood test, called as Aarogyam, where in it shall be included
Doctor :   Are you with me?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor