Got swelling on leg. What is the underlying cause? - Online Doctor Chats
i just want one clarification
actually last week i got swelling to my legs
May i know your age ?
and it is normal
my age is 30
and did the swelling come up on standing a lot, and subside when you slept for some time ?
ys i stand a lot
mai i know what is the normal BP for my age??
the normal BP - Systolic should be 120 /80 mmhg
and during swelling i was unable to walk also.... my total foot was paining when i walk my fingers were paining too
but it is acceptable for the BP IN THE range of 120-139 / 80-89 mmhg especilly when u are very active and or stressed
but did your swelling and pain subside after rest ?
do you want me to check once
Do u have enlarged veins in your legs ?
are u sure ?
u mean like you are asking i have more viens on my legs??
i mean dilated , and throbbing veins , always appearing thicker and fuller than normal
does your swelling subside when you elevate your legs for some time ?
dont know exactly...
for now, you can wait for sometime and check if this thing happens
some times i feel like because of i rest a lot at my place without having exercise it is swelling...
also you can wear pressure bandages on your leg, to prevent the swelling from coming up
and when you are not moving around or seated, keep your legs elevated on your stool
what is that pressure bandages doctor??
pressure bandages, help to apply pressure on the legs and prevent swelling of the legs, they come in the form of long tubes, which usually people wear for knee pain etc
You can ask for leucocrepe bandage , which you can roll over all your legs, too
ok thanks doctor
U r welcome
take care and have a good day
thanks and wish u the same
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What causes swelling on thighs and legs
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- Virus with achy ribs
- Heel problems bumps on bottom
- Carotid artery screening
- Cerebral artery occlusion without infarction
- Kidney causing leg swelling
- Early symptoms of clogged arteries
- Sciatic nerve and farting
- Protruding veins on wrist and hands
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- Swollen foot and ankle and leg with red blotchy skin
- Enlarged carotid artery in neck
- Nstemi with normal coronary arteries
- What is infant swelling on leg