Got blood spot in infant's diaper. Is it normal? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a general physician.
I believe I can help you within my expertise
If you wish to discuss with a pediatrician, you may post your query on ask a specialist
ok..my baby girl was born on 18th XXXXXXX
A pediatrician will answer your query through mail.
and since yesterday I am observing blood spots in her diapers
she is 5 days old
I want to know if this is normal or not. Till yesterday she having only white mucus discharge
but since yesterday, I am observing blood spots too..
Is she passing stools without any difficulty?
she had not passed stool for a day..(yesterday) but she passed it today in the morning
Do you feel there is any kind of distension of the stomach/abdomen?
Is your baby feeding well?
the baby is feeding well...but I feel she has discomfort in her stomach sometimes due to gas..I can hear some movements in her stomach
she drinks milk about every two hours for about 15-20 min
Are you there?
Let me explain.
Occasional blood spots in the diaper is not very concerning.
It often resolves.
However, I would be concerned
and if the blood spots increase in amount.
Do you follow?
Bye for now.
Thanks for consulting me.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Noticed blood spots in urine diaper given antibiotics concerned
- Is spotting of blood normal
- 5 year old headache fever sore stomach
- Blood pressure readings 117 over 63
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody 116
- Blood pressure 180 over 117
- Stomach pain headache no fever
- Blood test normal results got gpt
- Normal infant blood sugar levels
- 198 117 blood pressure
- Fever headache rapid heartbeat rash
- Night fever headache heart
- Headace queasy stomach no fever
- Blood pressure 117 over 53
- Got a blood spot when preganent