Got blood spot in infant's diaper. Is it normal? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a general physician.
I believe I can help you within my expertise
If you wish to discuss with a pediatrician, you may post your query on ask a specialist
ok..my baby girl was born on 18th XXXXXXX
A pediatrician will answer your query through mail.
and since yesterday I am observing blood spots in her diapers
she is 5 days old
I want to know if this is normal or not. Till yesterday she having only white mucus discharge
but since yesterday, I am observing blood spots too..
Is she passing stools without any difficulty?
she had not passed stool for a day..(yesterday) but she passed it today in the morning
Do you feel there is any kind of distension of the stomach/abdomen?
Is your baby feeding well?
the baby is feeding well...but I feel she has discomfort in her stomach sometimes due to gas..I can hear some movements in her stomach
she drinks milk about every two hours for about 15-20 min
Are you there?
Let me explain.
Occasional blood spots in the diaper is not very concerning.
It often resolves.
However, I would be concerned
and if the blood spots increase in amount.
Do you follow?
Bye for now.
Thanks for consulting me.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- White spots after pregnancy
- Noticed blood spots in urine diaper given antibiotics concerned
- Using vaseline after smoking pot
- Normal platelet count child
- Is spotting of blood normal
- Pms symptoms worse after d
- Normal blood sugar level on new born
- Red rash after taking prednisone
- Blood test normal results got gpt
- Normal infant blood sugar levels
- Persistent cough in 11 month old
- Precautions after tvt surgery
- Normal range of red cells of ufr
- Got a blood spot when preganent
- Posture for 17 month old baby