Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Giddiness - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

User :   Hello, I've been having a tingling throughout my body and dizziness for the past 9 months. When I first started experiencing these symptoms, I became so confused and light-headed I went to the ER. I thought it was because I wasn't eating enough. So I ate more, but I still had the symtoms, just lessened. When I first started experiencing these symptoms, they were a lot worse than they are now, but it's still fairly bad. I become off balance several times throughout the day. I also feel like I have pressure in my forehead (and some disorientation). I've gone to a neurogist, cardiologist, and 2 other regular doctors and they could not find anything wrong with me. It helps a little to eat, but the doctor's I've seen said I don't have diabetes, however, my mother does. I'm not overweight at all and I don't know if I have a blood-sugar issue. The doctor's said they could find anything wrong with my blood. Could they have missed something in it? I don't know where to go from here.
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   please let me read it
User :   ok
Doctor :  
since your mother is having diabetes, you too can have it
Doctor :  
you should go for a special test called GTT test
User :   but they didnt find anything when they tested my blood
User :   is there a specific test?
User :   oh, ok
Doctor :  
which will show any abnormalities if present in the blood sugar and/or insulin release
User :   can diabetes be that bad that soon? what doctor should i see? Should i see a endocrinologist?
Doctor :  
and if any abormalities are found, the treatment can be done accordingly.
User :   ok. could it be anything else?
Doctor :  
you should see a endocrinologist or a diabetologist.
User :   could it be anything else?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
your symptoms point towards sugar imbalance even though you eat a good diet.
Doctor :  
so a GTT test will tell if the insulin that is getting released is in the right amount or excess in bouts
Doctor :  
which are responsible to take out sugar from the blood stream
Doctor :  
and cause the dizziness and off balance symptoms.
User :   ok, would i be able to ask my doctor for that test. My primary doctor basically wrote me off after 10 years of knowing him knd of stating he didn't believe me
Doctor :  
for detailed consultation from a endocrinologist or a diabetologist you can consult out panel specialists once you finish dong the GTT test.
Doctor :   your primary doc can write you the test prescription.
Doctor :  
have you undergone EEG test anytime after these off balance spells?
User :   well, i've stopped going to him, because he didn't seem to think i was having a serious problem
User :   yeah, nothing was wrong
Doctor :  
User :   i think I had an eeg and one other
Doctor :  
then you can meet any of the general practitioners and tell them your symptoms and request for prescription for the GTT test.
User :   I had to lay my upper body in a machine and the other my put a chap on my head
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :  
WWW.WWWW.WW User :   could the last doctor i went to perscribe that. I only met with him once. could diabetes cause a bruning sensation in my feet?
Doctor :   follow this link to consult a diabelotogist
Doctor :  
and yes, you can get burning in feet when sugars are high
Doctor :  
and your last doctor can prescribe you the test.
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :  
follow this link to consult an endocrinologist.
User :   ok, thank you so much. not that I want to have diabetes, but it would ease my mind to know what is wrong with me
User :   this has been horrible
Doctor :  
people with family history of diabetes tend to get it due to heridity
Doctor :  
Is there any thing else I can help you with?
User :   just one more question, can these symptoms be presistent in, can it last all day?
Doctor :   in cases of uncontrolled sugars, they can persist for all day
User :   alright, thank you. do you have any more suggestions other than that if it would turn out not to be that?
Doctor :  
The first possibility is diabetes, and then any neurological cause, but since your nero examinatio tuned out to be normal
Doctor :  
the diabetes should be investigated and treated
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?
User :   alright, last question. this is a recent thing, ut i still started it, can hydroycut affect any of this? I just started using it 3 days ago, but this has been going on for months.
Doctor :   hydroycut can cause excess sugar metabolism to avoid weight gain
Doctor :  
and can be responsible for the symptoms.
Doctor :  
were these symptoms present before you started using it?
User :   this start a long while before than though
User :   yeah
User :   it started in may of last year
Doctor :  
ok, then we cannot be sure that only hydroycut is causing you the symptoms
User :   i used hydrocut about 4 years ago, but never have a tried it again until 3 days ago
Doctor :  
your mother is a diabeteic, so you are at risk of geting it too
Doctor :  
and your symptoms do pint towards uncontrolled diabetis
User :   ok. thank you. I will talk to my docotr as soon as possible. thanks again.
Doctor :  
do not ignore your symptoms, and get the necessary test done.
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done.
User :   done
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor