Getting sound from joints near ear. What could it be? - Online Doctor Chats
I have a problem with my jaw joint. Whenever I open or close my mouth, I am hearig and feeling a click sound at the joint near my right ear. I guess some joint is dislocated or misbehaving. Could you please suggest me who can help me to diagnose and treat this problem in Hyderabad
My name is XXXXXXX ..
Tennison: I have a problem with my jaw joint. Whenever I open or close my mouth, I am hearig and feeling a click sound at the joint near my right ear. I guess some joint is dislocated or misbehaving. Could you please suggest me who can help me to diagnose and treat this problem in Hyderabad
Yes, you seem to be suffering with TM joint dysfunction.
Do you have a habit of mouth grinding at night?
Are you using mouth guard while sleeping?
Mouth grinding is the most common cause of TM joint dysfunction. You will need to use a guard at night to worsen the problem
you can definitely visit any dentist or orthodontist
who can examine the joint and order for mouth guard
Where can I get a mouth guard?
and other treatment.
I suggest you to visit the dentist
and take his/her suggestions for the right guard.
Ok than you
Do you have any other questions?
What could be the treatment for this problem?
Do you think by using mouth guard, we an expect to correct the dysfunction?
As I said, the clicking sound you get is because of your constant mouth grinding.
Therefore make a constant effort to stop mouth grinding.
The mouth guard will be handy during the night
when you sleep
to prevent the involuntary grinding.
The clicking and pain will gradually reduce once you stop grinding.
I am presuming things based on the most common cause
and for the right guard.
Do you have other questions?
Before I close this discussion
Thanks for the advice
I see you have posted the same question on my dash board
Do you want me to write a reply there
or will this chat suffice?
Yes. I got the answer now.
So may I ignore the question ?
No need to reply
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What could be cause of left breast pain
- Buzzing sound in the ear what is it
- Itchy ear popping sound in ear
- What causes cramping and brown spotting
- What causes a crackling sound in the ear
- What does prominence mean in medical terminology
- Cause for loss of appetite and tiredness
- How can i have ear infection with no other symptoms
- Will benefiber taken with nifedical cause any side effects
- What causes fizzing sound in ear
- What causes tiny red spots on the tongue tip
- What is the cause of ear sound
- What causes discomfort in chest while running
- What causes fluid leakage in ears
- Child have sore throat fever and bleeding nose