Genital herpes and cold sores - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : Hello
User : I have a question
Doctor : yes
User : My girlfriend has cold sore. I got cold sores from her by kissing her, but then I remembered that she had also given me oral. Is it possible that I could get genital herpes from this?
User : In the last few days, I've had a fever (it was up to 103.4 at a time), and a very swollen throat. A doctor told me that I didn't have strep, it was just swollen, and that it was probably bacterial rather than viral.
Doctor : Cold sores are not infectious
Doctor : that badly
User : Okay, so what would you say the possibility of me contracting genital herpes from this is?
Doctor : Genital herpes is a possibility
Doctor : if she has
User : I've been reading symptoms, and I do have some of the symptoms, but that could be related to the HSV-1 that I've got on my lips
Doctor : Do you have pustules
Doctor : pain
Doctor : redness
User : She doesn't have genital herpes, and there was no genital contact regardless
User : In the genital area? No, not yet.
User : This happened mid last week.
Doctor : Why do you bother then
Doctor : it could be a bacterial infection
Doctor : how long this has been
Doctor : Viral infection does not last long
Doctor : more than a week
Doctor : so acute viral on bacterial is a possibility
Doctor : Are you given antibiotics
Doctor : were the labs done
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Could chlamydia be a cause of a missed period
- Drugs/medication for sarcoma
- Can i get bacterial infection after oral sex
- How long the treatment will take for tpha positive
- Diagnosis of delusion
- Oral herpes genital herpes
- How long it will take to recover from syphilis
- Diagnosis of hyperthermia
- Trimovate cream and genital herpes
- Cold sores cause genital herpes
- Genital herpes itchy stomach
- How to diagnose gonorrhea
- Diagnosis of phobia
- Cold sores contagious genital herpes
- Diagnosis of celiac disease