Gallbladder stone. What are the treatments? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Doctor,Iam XXXXXX
welcome to XXXXXXX
I havegot galbladder stone for the past 3 yrs
th sze of the stone from my last scan is around 1 cm
are u sure, you had it for 3 years ? were u symptomatic since 3 years ?
Iam XXXX wife, he wats me to take opinion for treatment
I dont have any symptoms till now, no pain, I do scan once in 6 months
I took the sca duing sep 2011, it was around 1c
so when was the first scan done ?
so , it is a single stone, of 1 cm size ? or are there multiple stones ?
is a single stone
with regarding to treatment, single stone of 1 cm is a small stone
iam not on any medications
may i know ur height and weight ?
5.4 , 65kgs
Woul you recommend for a scan now and send reports to you to know the present status
has the stone increased in size since 2008 ? or is it stable ?
you seem to have a BMI of 24.6 which is just within the range of normal
increased in size, it was 0.8mm at te firstsca, now it is 1.0cm during last year wen I checked
so it is just 2 mm , growth, and it is still single
so, you dont need to bother about going for surgery now
but still you can do a lot of things, to prevent the stone from increasing in size as well as probably reduce the size with time
i would advice you to increase or start a exercise routine , and try to lose weight in a slow manner
this is the 1st step
in addition, follow a LOW FAT diet and a high fibre diet
foods containing monounsaturated fats (found in olive and canola oils) or omega-3 fatty acids (found in canola, flaxseed, and fish oil) should be used
saturated fats found in meats, butter, ghee, etc should be reduced
eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, which will prevent stones . At least 2-3 servings daily is good
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Lower liver enzymes juice recipes
- Liver enzymes levels and jaundice
- Gallbladder stones treatment
- What enzyme is low in jaundise
- Liver enzymes influenza vaccine
- Is clay-colored stools a side effect of mylanta ar?
- Is sore throat a side effect of malarone pediatric?
- Is muscle pain or cramps a side effect of erivedge?
- Suggest treatment for gallbladder stone
- Sudden increase in lever enzymes
- Is headache a side effect of mom's omega advantage?
- Is trouble with swallowing a side effect of moxeza?
- What are gallbladder stones
- What causes gallbladder stones
- What doctor does treatment of gallbladde stones