Galactosemia test shows 12.61 mg/dL equivocal impression. Meaning ? - Online Doctor Chats
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Are you there?
Are you there?
i have a query
i am blessed with baby girl 22 days back
result cut off should be
but her result is 12.61 mg/dL
what does it mean
is it very serious?
May I know the reason why this test was performed?
i guess it will done for all new borns
New Born Screen (Neonatal Screening) was suggested by doctor when she was born in hospital
we collected the report yesterday and got to know these results
this New born Screening includes other tests as well - Cystic fibriosis, biotinidase deficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia..etc
all these tests are in normal ranges except galactosemia
Let me brief you.
Galactosemia is a condition where there is deficiency of enzyme resulting in reduced absorption of galactose - one of the sugar content in the milk.
As a general physician I am not well versed with the ideal limits/normal reference of galactosemia test.
Therefore I would suggest you to leave a query explaining your concerns on Ask a specialist option.
Have you followed?
Yes doctor... sure i will send my query to a child specialist
thanks for your time
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Nystatin and galactosemia
- Galactosemia and valerian
- Child has fever can he be allowed to swim
- Having diarrhea stool test showing pus cells medication
- Child cries before urinating tries to push stools releases gas
- Where to buy promil in california
- Infants soft spot hit being fussy advice
- Irregular heartbeat with gastric bug
- What is the florida test for galactosemia
- Drugs in galactosemia
- Galactosemia and blisters
- Kojivit cream buy online
- Newborn child has low platelets medical advice
- Buy ciplactin weight gain
- Estelle contraceptive pill buy