Frequent cramps in fingers, calf muscle and thigh. Underlying causes? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you today?
My father aged 67 years is getting frequent cramps in his fingers, calf muscle and thigh
could you please let me knwo on what can be done on this..?
Cramps can have many reasons
I usually suspect calcium or vitamin D deficiency
ok. what test could be undertaken for this..?
But there can be other electrolyte alterations
It is better that we get him tested for calcium levels, vit D levels, electrolyte levels
Apart from that other tests should be done too
what are the 'other' tests?
ECG should be done too at this age
ECG is done. He is already undergone byepass, diabetic and has hypertension; all which are in control
Is he on medicines for cholesterol?
Since how long?
for the past 5 years
Is his cholesterol controlled?
For how long does he have muscle cramps?
hardly a minute
I meant since how long ?
for the past 1 month the frequency is more.
previously he used to get it ocassionally
What is the medicines name?
in the calf muscles
TONACT40 + TGR
each one tablet during nights
I seriously think he should not take this medicine in the presence of muscle cramps
This medicine can cause myositis
It means damage to muscles
they are already controlled
You should consult the cardiologist regarding it
Yes. It is in control now. But, if the medicines are not taken, then how could it be in control?
he can take low calorie diet
myositis can cause kidney damage
thank you for your time
Thanks for consulting me
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Thigh calf muscle cramps sleeplessness tiredness taken cymbalta lorazepam suggestions
- Hoe do i prevent bed sores
- What causes calf cramps
- What do you suggest for bp
- Treatment and cure for necessarily mean injury
- Treatment and cure for cartilage injury
- Can i take ibuprofen after tooth extraction
- Treatment and cure for degenerative arthritis
- What causes leg ache from thighs to calf muscles
- Treatment and cure for shoulder ache
- Calf cramp causes
- Suggest ways to reduce waist and hip circumference
- What causes purpleish and reddish discoloration on thighs and calf
- Treatment and cure for joint inflammation
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis