Flat gestation sac, unhealthy pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : I am pregnant I went to my dr. the other day he did an ultrasound; he said that I am barely 4 weeks.He saw the yoke where the baby is forming, but he said that my gestational sac is kind of flat, and he canâ??t guarantee a healthy pregnancy. He ordered blood work the same day for my HCG level, and they were quit high they were 17,014 I go back today to get them checked again. My Dr. didnâ??t explain anything to me very well except for he canâ??t guarantee a healthy pregnancy, could you explain this all to me a little better on what you think?
let me read
User : okay thanks
its to early to comment on what your asking.
in four weeks
in ultrasound you can only detect the gestational sac
that is confirmation of pregnancy
User : he said that at 4 weeks the sac should be more round then flat
and from that it is not possible to tell the outcome of the baby
User : but I thought that yoke didn't form for the baby until 5 weeks ?
User : and he is saying i am only 4 ?
Doctor : that is what until it is 6 weeks ultrasound i shall not comment
User : what about my hcg levels
User : are they correct for 4 weeks
Doctor : that will remain high
it is normal
that is the sign of pregnancy
User : well someone told me i could be having twins with my levels that high ? is that posssible
Doctor : i shall not comment on what people talk. as such you have to wait for other 4 weeks to confirm from ultrasound you have twins or not
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Veet on my arms white patches
- Elongated gestational sac pregnancy
- Is leptaden useful to increase progesterone level
- Gestational pregnancy carrier
- Perfect red welt on upper arm
- Petechiae under arm pits
- Pieces of skin under arms
- Pregnancy inconvenience last month
- White pimples on arms and thighs postnatal
- Gestational sac 1.6mm pregnancy
- Increase in lube when pregnent
- Gestational sac age and bleeding during pregnancy
- Increased saliva at 9 weeks pregnant
- Empty gestational sac at 7 weeks of pregnancy
- Increased temperature week 8 in pregnancy