Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Feeling pain inside ear when chewing hard food. What could it be? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1504 Questions
Doctor:Good morning
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:Hi Doctor, am feeling pain inside my right ear when am chewing any hard food
Doctor:It may probably be because of impacted wax
Doctor:Is there any discharge as well from the ear?
User:have removed wax with buds
User:nothing as such discharge
User:even when opening mouth for pains
Doctor:When was the last time you got your wax removed by an ENT specialist?
User:its been quite 5 or 6 yrs back
Doctor:Deeply impacted wax do not come out with the ear buds should i consult an ent doctor then
Doctor:It needs to be cleared out with a ear forceps
Doctor:Yes, that would be ideal
Doctor:After clearing the wax, the ear can be examined by a Otoscope
User:else any ear drops that can bring out wax from ears
Doctor:to look for any inner ear pathology
Doctor:Yes sure
Doctor:I will suggest
Doctor:Use this ear drop
Doctor:Soliwax - 3 drops in both ears thrice daily for three days
Doctor:And then visit the ENT specialist
Doctor:It would be easier to remove the wax then
User:okay..thank you Doctor
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:You should be fine soon
User:okay..thanks very much!
Doctor:Do you have more queries?
User:no..thats it
Doctor:GEt well soon
Doctor:Bye for now
User:thank you!
Doctor:Thank you too
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor