Eyes hurting and watering due to long hours on computer - Online Doctor Chats
This is Dr. XXXXXXX
How are you doing?
my eyes water quite often and muscles around the eyes hurt.
How long do you work on the computer everyday?
Pls suggest the solution fr it
approx fr 8 hrs.
Do you wear glasses as well?
Then there are a few things we need to do here
First thing, I want you to take a break every 2 hours
Get up and walk about, take a 5 minute break, do whatever you want
Do anything but look at the computer
Second thing, follow the 20-20-20 rule
This means that every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
When I say 20 feet, I would mean sometjing far away
Do you follow?
Third, reduce the glare of your screen
Adjust the settings of the monitor
Or you can use an anti-glare screen also
Its available at every computer shop
Its something you need to stick on your computer screen
Fourth, I want you to get your vision tested
yes, i knw
So that we can be sure that we are not missing a refractive error
and lastly, Every 1-2 hours, sit down and close your eyes
and imagine something soothing
like grass or a beach or whatever you find soothing
These things will really help
I think you should be good in 2-3 days
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of erythremia
- How long are mumps contagious
- Constant sore throat and fatigue
- Eye hurts and waters
- Sun hurts eyes and watering eyes
- Constant sinus pressure and headaches
- Is the computer screen hurtful for eyes
- Drugs/medication for erythremia
- How contagious is glandular fever
- Diagnosis of bilateral pneumonia
- Eyes due to computer
- Treatment and cure for constant dehydration
- Eyes watering due to heat
- Hibernoma causes
- Vocal cord damage from yelling