Eye is hurting. Had irritation in throat. IS it a sty? - Online Doctor Chats
my eye is hurting since morning and i think its sty, pls advise
it started with some irritation in throat on 21st october and since i had to attend work, i kept going to office and took allegra only for three days
now even today i have congestion and slight body ache
it appears to be cold
i am at home resting
should i take some medicine today
Are you running fever?
i have not checked my temperature but it could be about 100
You said your eye is hurting - is it both sides or one side?
no the eye is alrigt now
Since when has this fever been?
i think only since yesterday
Do you still have the sorethroat?
only congestion now
have a sight headache
Do you mean nasal congestion?
but not much discharge
May I know your age?
only some blockage
Let me brief you.
You have symptoms of upper respiratory inflammation.
It could be associated with virus / bacterial infection or allergic causes.
so it will not get better on its own
nasal congestion can easily lead to sinusitis resulting in headache.
Without a clinical examination it is difficult to predict which of the aforementioned condition you currently have.
feel drowsy also
However presuming you had sorethroat and nasal congestion progressing to headache and fever, it is most likely bacterial.
Hence my suggestions are as follows:
congestion seems to be stuck up inside
1. Take deep steam inhalation three or 4 times a day.
It gives better results.
2. Take antihistamines. Allegra is good, you may continue that for next 3-4 days.
there was a gap
Allegra comes in various doses such as 90mg, 120mg / 180mg given once a day. The doses prescribed to you by your doctor would be appropriate.
I am unable to specify the right dose without a clinical examination.
You may follow the dosage given to you by your doctor.
It has analgesics property too and will help for both fever and headache.
for how many days
4. Dolo 650mg can be taken for 2-3 days depending on your symptoms.
4. Antibiotic has no role in allergic condition as well as viral condition;
however I predict that you may have bacterial infection too.
You may confirm this with a local doctor.
so it would be better to go for an examination
If bacterial infection is suspected, you may start antibiotics such as azithromycin under the care of the doctor.
Yes, local examination of the nasal cavity and sinus will give us clues to suspect bacterial infection.
If a bacterial infection is suspected, antibiotic is the main stay of treatment.
Have you followed?
finally then i think i would have to go for examination
The symptoms of bacterial infection and viral infections overlap considerably. On a chat, without physical examination I cannot differentiate the two.
Therefore I urge you to see a doctor nearby for clinical examination.
If bacterial infection is suspected, antibiotic need to be added to the aforementioned treatment.
Hope it is clear.
Do you have any other query?
Thanks for consulting me.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Insomnia and addisons disease
- Treatment and cure for sudden blindness
- Numbness on rt limb and no sensation
- Treatment and cure for pox virus infection
- Nausea after coming off cerazette
- Norethisterone delay menses how many a day
- Sore throat swollen tonsils sti
- Treatment and cure for streptococcal infection
- Myopic encephalomyelitis
- Cuts bleeding throat top of mouth sti sympton
- Treatment and cure for superimposed bacterial infection
- Difference in sty and pink eye
- Sty and sore throat
- Sores in mouth and throat sti
- Treatment and cure for eye irritation