Experiencing some pain in neck and shoulders due to continously working. How to cure it? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you/
Offlate I have been experiencing some pain in my neck & shoulders maybe due to continoiously working on a computer
Do you feel better after rest/sleep?
May I know your age and gender?
my age is 34 & gender is male
Does the pain radiate down to the arm-forearm-fingers?
Do you have pain in other joints?
Any history of fever?
Before I proceed to address your concern, is there any other information which you like to share?
Like have you seen a doctor or tried any treatment?
no i didn't felt the need for the same
No but i have also not got myself diagnosed for these ailments
Thanks for the information.
Let me explain to you.
Your problem doesn't seem to be associated with any such medical condition.
And therefore, I have to agree with your inference.
The pains are most likely caused by poor ergonomics at work.
The treatment for such issues consists of 2 modalities.
1. Use of analgesics such as pain killers, warm compresses or a hot shower during acute pain.
2. Proper ergonomics.
There are numerous pain killers staring with Tab.Dolo 650mg to stronger NSAIDS. These can be used depending on the intensity of pain.
i take cipzox when this kind of situation arises
In addition, topical antiinflammatory analgesics like volini gel and other pain balms can be applied to the affected region.
CIPZOX contains pain killer as well as muscle relaxants - good enough for such acute pains.
However daily use of such medication on long term can affect kidneys, hence it is recommend that you follow proper ergonomics at work for prevention (the second modality).
You would be able to read and learn about the ergonomics at work on the net. A few important points I would like to share here are:
I take around 3 tablets in a month
3 tablets in a month is ok. But i still recommend the second modality
mainly to avoid situations where you have to take medicines
and to avoid the problem from worsening.
Lack of proper ergonomics can aggravate the problem and lead to much more complex problems
which may be difficult to manage only with simple medicines.
Hence it is must that you do the changes right away.
Coming back to few important changes;
1. Sit upright at most times.
2. Your feet should be properly rested on the ground so that your thigh is parallel to the ground.
3. Your table should be at a level which allows your arms to rest parallel to the ground.
4. Laptop or computer screen should be atleast 25 inches away from your eyes.
5. The top of the screen should be below your eyes.
6. Lastly use arm rest, proper typing skill and mouse to operate the system.
This followed by 10 - 15 minutes break every hour and enough fluids will avoid most medical problems
arising from occupation.
Hope it is clear to you.
Do you have any other query?
thanks for all the help
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Pulsating pain in neck and shoulder
- Hemorrhage during childbirth
- Painful armpit neck shoulder
- Deca durabolin chondromalacia
- Creputis pain shoulder neck
- Common childhood heart defects
- How to cure sharp pain in neck and ribs
- Chondromalacia patella treatment norco
- Chestnuts park surgery
- Cure for chickenpox
- Chondromalacia intraosseous ganglion
- Swimming fins with chondromalacia patella
- Smallpox vs chickenpox symptoms
- Needle pain in neck and in shoulder
- Chondromalacia patellae and hypothiroidism