Experiencing delay in periods and took regestrone. Condom broke and took ipill. Will it cause any problem? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
I am XXXXXXX I wanted to ask about my fiancee
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX please go ahead
She was supposed to get her periods on 15th Oct -16th Oct
She had a trip planned on 19thOct
She waited till 17th Oct and since she didn't get her periods she took regestrone 5mg on 17th Oct night
and she took it daily twice on 18th, in total she had 8 tablets till 23rd Oct
On 23rd Oct, we had an accident and we found that the condom had broke
So she didnt take any more regestrone on 24th morning
or further onwards
Sorry a little mixup with dates
the accident happened on 22nd night
after which she stopped taking regestrone
i mean within 48hrs
so till now she has not got her periods
and we are kind of scared..
can u help?
Are we in trouble?
Yes indeed. I can help, and I will
first thing, relax
you are not in trouble
What we need to understand is, the pills she took for postponing her periods
as well as the iPill, both are hormones
that means, they will have an impact on the menstrual cycles
and taking levonorgestril, That is regestrone, will make that particular period not to come, along with that iPill will also have a similar effect
Since these hormones are the ones that control menstrual cycles, taking additional doses does upset the cycles
so relax, there is no chance of your fiance getting pregnant
but her periods will be delayed
and she will get her periods next month
Yes, next month
isn't it too late?
no that is not too late
You mean she will skip her entire cycle?
Yes, most likely she will skip one cycle
And by which date she should expect it in the month of november?
I would say approximately around end of November
But it also possible that she gets her period earlier than that
ok, does she need to take any precaution?
and there is nothing to worry
No precaution is required
and you are sure about the not pregnant thing right?
Next time be careful with the condoms
Yes, I am almost certain that she is not pregnant
I definitely will be doctor!
2 weeks as is, can u specify the tentative dates please?
Do the home pregnancy test by 15th of November
and then repeat it again by 30th if she doesn't get her periods by then
is there anything else I can help you with?
No nothing as of now
Thank You doctor a lot!
Thank you for chatting with me
You are of big help! :)
You are welcome
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Frequent periods hands shaking fatigue
- Spotting and fullness feeling
- Condom tear during sex ipill taken late no periods pregnant
- Susten missed periods fatigue
- Suggest medication for mitral valve prolapse
- Taken ipill after condom tear pregnant or safe
- Late period feel wet
- Is there any chance of being pregnant post menopause
- Is having a lot of vaginal pressure normal when pregnant
- Condom broke during sex took ipill periods got delayed pregnant
- What is the side effects of wellbutrin medicine
- I took my first microgynon today but the condom broke
- Stuck condom blocking period
- Can multiple phleboliths cause pain in hip
- Which medicine should i take for fat