Experiencing acidity problems like stomach gurgling with pain and burping. Barium studies showed ulcer crator. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
Hello doctor good evening.
How can I help you?
Hi, i have been experiencing a lot of acidity problems in the past 8 months.
like stomach gurgling.. with pain.
burping, etc. had consulted an allopathic doctor.
he had suggested barium studies and there has been an ulcer crater which was discovered.
Are you on any medication for the same?
but the medication for the same which i had been taking has not been effective.
and has started medication.
Are you feeling better with the medication you are taking now?
he has suggested a lot of things to avoid.
like outside food, sour things, citrus fruits, idli& dosa (not made from fresh batter)
bread, tamarind based dishes etc.
leaves me very few choices.. so wanted help in gettin a diet plan or schedule done so that I can strictly follow the same
Let me brief you regarding the same.
currently I donot have much options. can you help me out with any tips.
ya thanks.itll be a great help.
Gastritis usually aggravates periodically. It means, sometimes it reduces in severity and can completely disappear. And it appears again later.
That is mainly because of the causes not being corrected.
Medicines will cure from one side. But the other side, the causes has to be removed.
You can do the following.
1. Do stress relieving activities like yoga, spending more time with family, watching your favourite movies etc.
2. Avoid dusty environment.
Wear a face mask/kerchief while going out.
3. Have food at regular times.
ok. I will do that from now on.. I did feel a difference when I did it 2 days back.
4. Make sure you have some healthy snacks every 2 hours.
Healthy snacks: Boiled vegetables and fruits.
Fruits like papaya, banana.
%. Do not leave your stomach empty for long time.
6. Avoid caffeinated drinks. Cola, soda etc.
7. If you smoke, try bringing it down and finally quitting it.
8. If you are consuming alcohol, avoid it.
9. Drink plenty of water- 3 litres daily.
10. Reduce coffee and tea intake.
11. Avoid oily, spice or sour food items.
I am sure, these measures will surely help you to get out of the trouble with gastritis.
my appetite has decreased.
and also i have lost 3 kgs weight in the past 6 months.
I understand. Do not worry, it will come back.
can you suggest anything to increase my appetite. ok.
For that, you will need to exercise atleast 45 minutes daily
Medicines to improve appetite does not actually work.
I was into yoga and exercise..got into this vicious cycle.
feel a lot of exhaustion and have not been able to consistently do the same.
You have to get back to your normal routine. That is the only way out of this cycle.
medicines just do their work.
ok will do that doctor.
thanks for your help.
We are the one's who will have to normalize our body.
have you followed all my suggestions?
Hope I had been able to help you?
yes thanks doctor.
Is there anything else that I can help you on?
ill make a note on the suggestions given and implement the same.
Thats about it doctor. Thanks and wil come back in case there any issues.
I am sure you will get better fast.
Thanks for consulting me.
Will do doctor. thanks.
Please do leave a feed back.
have a nice Evening!!
Bye for now.
you too doctor.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Endoscopic sinus surgery nystagmus
- Are sour burps a sign of stomach acid
- Endometrium hyperechoic lesion measurements
- Burping bloating stomach pain
- Pseudomonas endotoxin
- Painful red ring around anus
- High stomach acid symptom burp
- Penus stuck in anus
- Pimply rash on anus
- Sharp stomach pains and burping
- Ibs stomach pain and burping
- Passing urine from anus
- Does endone raise ggt levels
- Problems passing stoolirritates anus
- What is lethal overdose of endone