Excessive mucus with yellow phlegm, have allergy problem. Took mucinex. Any permanent cure? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query.
I have XXXXXXX having excessive mucus for the whole year
in the morning the phlegm is yellow and then it clears up
Do you have any history of allergy?
yes I do
If it is allergic in nature. Taking mucinex will work, but temporarily. It will not solve the problem.
online it says that the mucus shouldn't be yellow
Im not sure what im allergic too
Yellow mucus suggests the possibility of infection in already pent up secretion.
should i be concerned about this production of mucus
You can go for allergy test under your pulmonologist guidance to find out the exact triggering allergens like dust, pollens, food, etc.
ok do i have to go on Antibiotics
Treatment of allergy is basically preventive.
Antibiotics can be given in case of infection which needs to be confirmed by culture of secretions.
ok Ill set an appt with mydoctor
If you have additional symptoms like fever, bodyache which suggests infection, you can consult your GP.
i cant deal with this nuisance any more
I can understand your concern.
ok well thanks
happy new year
Is there anything else I can help you with?
do you know any cleansing that I can do to help
Can you please elaborate on cleansing?
well in my culture we utilize a lot of herbs
but in XXXXXXX there not so plenteous in herbal usage
these things help toclean the system
As I am a allopathic doctor, I am personally not aware of these kind of treatments.
oh i see
Treatment like Ayurveda involves lot of herbs, and is effective for such diseases.
But, I do not know availability of such treatment in US.
thanks bye now
Thanks for consulting me. Wish you happy new year too.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Mucinex sulfa allergy
- Terminal cancer very tough question to answer
- Alternative for claritin and mucinex for allergy symptoms
- Treatment and cure for allergies allergy
- The roof of my mouth is bumpy and hurts
- What could cause breathing problems after taking cough medicines
- There is a dark spot on my gums and it hurts and bleeds
- What are the treatments for allergy after having tapioca
- The insides of my mouth and lip are deteriorating
- The middle of my back hurts when i walk
- Permanent cure for cold allergies
- Permanent cure for allergies
- What do you suggest for allergic reaction to bactrim
- What is the remedy for exercised induced asthma
- What are the treatments for allergies during cold weather