Erysipelas, swelling in upper lip - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : HI
How can i help you?
User : Hi, I have a bump on my upper lip that looks like a pimple and it has swollen the whole right side of my upper lip. I squeezed the bump and the white stuff, that comes out of a pimple, comes out every time, but my lip is still swollen. What is this?
May i know your age and gender?
User : 17 female
How much big is the size of the swelling?
I mean how big is the swelling?
User : noticably big
Since when have you noticed it?
Do you have fever?
User : since yesterday, but it wasnt noticable then, but when I woke up this morning I was shoked
User : No I have no fever
Doctor : Do you have similar swellings anywhere in the face?
User : No
Doctor : Ok.
It may be erysepelas.
User : Whatisthat?
A subcuataneous infection.
Doctor : It will resolve slowly.
User : Is it bad
User : Is it contagous?
Doctor : If you avoid handling it with bare hands\It should not be a problem.
Doctor : It is not contageous.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Bacterial folliculitis on vulva
- Bacterial infections on top of thigh
- Bacterial flora of scalp
- Erysipelas causes
- Nostril bacterial skin infection
- Can a bacterial infection cause blisters
- Erysipelas vs cellulitis
- Peg tube aspiration risk
- Stomach pain associated with diabetes
- Rash associated with diabetes
- Hla-b27 associated diseases
- What is erysipelas of the axillary
- Diagnosis of erysipelas
- Pain associated with hemorrhoids
- Symptoms of erysipelas