Enlarged prostate, urinate frequently. What is the cure? - Online Doctor Chats
we did a test and consulted a doctor....
May i know his age ?
since there was no blocakes, doctor suggested to not do surgery but just take medicines
he is 71 now
he prescribed capsule Tamdura for this problem
you mean, there was no blockage of urine flow ?
yes in the report...
did it show the volume of prostrate tissue ?
yes..the test name was 2D real time abdominal sonology study
For prostate, it says - "Prostate is enlarged in size and measures 3.6 x 4.6 x 4.0 cms. App vol: 36.4cc.
does your father have any other issues or symptoms ?
if not the operation, does this medicine need to be taken life long?
May i know how the diagnosis was done ? did he have any problems ?
no we did a comprehensive health check up in Manipal hospital in Bangalore
first and foremost, surgery can be postponed for as long as possible, with the use of medications
and for your information, since your father probably does not have symptoms , there is no need for surgery at all
While tamsulosin improves the flow, dutasteride reduces the size of prostate over long term
but doesnt the medicines have any side effects
and that too to be taken everyday
so with time, the need for surgery will be completely removed
ok...yes..with the medicines he feels little heaviness in the head like a hangover
ok doctor..i just wanted to double check and you have clarified my doubts
but , with time they do subside
ok...well...thank you doctor...
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Walking in 7th month of pregnancy
- Causes odf pus in urine without infection
- Food poisoning in 7th month pregnancy
- Enlarged prostate with bilirubin in urine
- Skinny jeans cause prostatitis
- Enlarged prostate cause foamy urine
- Giddiness in 7th month of pregnancy
- Do tight jeans cause prostatitis
- Jumping rope cause urination
- Can prostatitis cause numbness and kegs
- Enlarged prostate blood in urine
- Enlarged prostate and protein in urine
- Who got pregnant 7th days of period
- 7th month pregnant and ovary pain
- Brown blood in urine enlarged prostate