Effect of antibiotics on periods - Online Doctor Chats
User : hi can i ask a quick question about menstrual cycles
User : hello?
Doctor : yes
Doctor : please proceed
User : can antibiotics affect your period?
Doctor : can u tell me the antibiotics u were on?
User : i was on a z-pack and ammoxicillian
User : within 2-3 weeks of each other
Doctor : no nothin to worry i would say
User : my period has not been normal for the past two months and i thought maybe they had an effect since antibiotics lessen the pill
Doctor : ok
Doctor : do u have any other symptom
User : no, just an abnormal period. i take birth control for pcos and have normal periods with the pill. i have not missed a pill ever and take it at the same time daily. i cant figure out why my period has changed
Doctor : it can happen in case of pelvic inflammatory disease
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ibugesic antibiotic effects on period
- Is fever or chills a side effect of gemcitabine?
- Is increased thirst a side effect of gabapentin?
- Substitute for restasis
- Clindamycin antibiotic delays period
- Antibiotics and periods
- Most tolerable statins
- Risperidone withdrawal symptoms
- Early period due to antibiotics
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of bactrim?
- Is weight gain a side effect of h.p. acthar gel?
- Missed period and antibiotics
- Is unusual sleepiness a side effect of fortamet?
- Temazepam recreational use
- What is rhinitis