Effect of H1N1 vaccine on the foetus - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : Hi
How can i help you?
User : My wife is pregnant with our baby..8 weeks pregnant. And we were wondering whether the H1N1 vaccine is safe for the pregnant lady, and for the baby itself?
User : We're worried that the safety of the vaccine in terms of impact on the fetus is not known, and that there might be a very real risk to the baby
User : I would greatly appreciate your input.
Doctor : H1N1 vaccine has no sufficient clinical data on the pregnant women
however it is safe vaccine in the adults as well as children
User : So there could be a risk for my pregnant wife, or for our fetus?
Doctor : as data is not available i cant comment
User : Ok, thanks for your help doctor. Much appreciated!
but it is absolutely not necessary to vaccinate H1N1 vaccine for pregnant women
Doctor : So far, the NIH has vaccinated more than 60 pregnant women as part of a study to see whether the H1N1 vaccine is safe and effective. There have been no reports of serious side effects, according to XXXXXXXX Lambert of the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Fast foods their hazards
- Fever and throwing up symptoms
- Effect bronchitis op foetus
- Ferrous sulphate for neuralgia
- Naturogest effect on foetus
- Ferrous sulphate and fluoxetine
- Ferrous sulfate is safe for pregnancy
- Do ferrous sulphate tablets make you hungry
- Cytolog side effects for the foetus
- Clexane side effect on foetus
- Feet and lower leg swelling
- Fibroma on tongue removal
- What are the effects of mifepristone on foetus
- Ferrous sulfate highblood pressure
- Fever in the evening children