Ear infection, headache and high fever. What to do? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
please suggest me what to do..i am ill from 4-5 days ..
Please describe your illness?
*what are your symptoms?
infection in ear ..due to which head pains a lot with high fever ...i had consulted an ENT ..and having medicines he suggested
Have you been diagnosed to have ear infection?
If yes, may I know what medications are you on?
Since when are you on these tablets?
last 2 days
How often are you taking sumo tablets?
Let me brief you.
Novamox CV is a very good antibiotic for ear infections.
It usually takes 2-3 days to produce good results.
Since you been on this tablet for 2 days, if the headache is not very severe, you can wait for another day before trying other alternatives.
the headache is very severe not responding to sumo tablets
then you need to be evaluated.
If discharge is present it needs to be sent for culture and sensitivity test.
plus, I will also order for CT/MRI scans to rule out neuroinfections.
Are you following?
ok.. doctor has also suggested to have tests - TLC,DLC,TYPHOID,HB, PLATELETS,NSI .all these tests are necessary or not.
Yes; the tests are necessary.
If ear infection is confirmed by ENT surgeon
the doctor should also look for any ear discharge
ya ya.. its confirmed
if that is present it needs to be sent for culture and sensitivity.
If ear infection is confirmed, co-existing sinus infection or neuroinfection needs to be ruled out if headache is severe and not responding well to sumo tablets.
Unfortunately since I cannot examine you personally, you need to assess how you are now as compared to
how it was when the symptoms started 5 days ago.
If there is worsening or if symptoms haven't improved much,
you need to go ahead with the test and report back to the ENT doctor.
He/she can examine you further and order other necessary tests and treat you.
Hope it is clear to you.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ear infection headache morning
- Migraine hydroxychloroquine
- Left arm numb premenstrual syndrome
- Ear infection fever 104
- High fever and headache in children
- Can i take sleep aid tablets for post nasal drip ?
- Can i take coly mycin s for otitis media, chronic ?
- Is anbesol used in the treatment of mouth ulcer ?
- Is flonase used in the treatment of nasal polyps?
- Is ery tab used in the treatment of strep throat ?
- Adult ear infection no fever
- Is human seman healthy to drink
- Is ginger ale ok to drink if you have cancer
- Logynon contraceptive pill skipping a period
- High fever chills headache