Drugs causing false negative pregnancy test - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : Hello
how can i help you?
User : I have been having a lot of weight gain lately and been asked if I am pregnant for months now, I was wondering if any medications can cause a pregnancy test to be negative when it should be positive??
Yes, some medications that can change the hormonal disturbance
can make urine pregnancy test to come negative.
User : Do you know where I can find a list of those medications?
Such as hormonal pills used for birth control.
May i know you age?
When was your last menstrual period?
User : 19, i havent had a period for a while, i was on depro prevera, but I switched to a copper coiled IUD
Doctor : You can get a serun HCG levels done and an abdominal scan done to rule the pregnancy.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- 2 pereiods after norlevo not pregnant
- Sciatic nerve and penis
- Pinched nerve above penis
- Can a uti cause a false negative pregnancy test
- Tumor pressing on vagal nerve
- Can propranolol cause a false negative on pregnancy test
- When is the next period after taking postinor 2
- Can a woman get pregnant after the first month on progyluton
- Can diabetes cause false negative pregnancy tests
- Can fibroids cause false negative pregnancy test
- Shocks in thumb pinched nerve
- False negative pregnancy test
- When will i get my period after taking mononessa for first time
- Use of wysolone in nephrotic syndrome
- Pregnant after month of microgestin