Dog bite vaccination - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : hi doctor
User : i wanted to know what will happen if vaccine or medicine has not been taken after the dog has bitten.after how many years will symptoms appear and wat is the worst thing that can happen?
Let me explain you
If it is not a rabid dog, then it does not cause the dreaded condition called Rabies
if it were a rabid dog, it shall usually die within 1 week
and cannot survive long
User : how can we know whether it is a rabid dog or not
Doctor : if it dies within 1 week, it can be considered rabid
User : actually i am not sure whether the dog has died or not
User : i remember dog has bitten me when i was around 13 yrs old. as i dint inform this to anyone, i dint took any vaccine for that. i am now 27 years old.Please let me know what is going to happen in coming days.i heard that there can be a death due to this.
Now you should not worry
Ok, may I know whether it was a stray dog or a pet one?
User : stray dog
Usually it is within 5 years
in most of the cases
Now continuing upon that
User : i dint take any vaccine, will there be any problem..
Doctor : I need further explanation
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Dog bite vaccine schedule
- Is it bad to eat eggs with chickenpox?
- Can use alcohol after dog bite vaccination
- Dpt booster dose missed
- Levipil tablet which disease
- Cost of painless dpt vaccination
- Effects of dog bite in children without vaccinations
- Diseases making patient lethargic
- Relent for kidney disease
- Nursing care for diphtheria
- Liver disease and and weak leg muscles
- Liver disease and week legs
- Mandatory check every year
- Dog bite dog sick and not vaccinated problem
- Dog bite second time what vaccination