Does gas form in knee and feet? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
simple question. will gas form in the knee and foot path.
some time will get irritation in knee portion
Can you explain what irritation mean?
Do you mean pain?
kind of light pain
uncomfortable during walking
Since when you have this problem?
last two days
Is it on one knee or both knee?
May I know your age?
it is in left knee and some time right leg foot join
Is it on one knee or both knee?
Are you there?
s, already told it is in left knee
not in both
Did you sustain any injury?
Are you able to wake up from bed normally?
Do you notice any associated swelling?
s, no issue to wake up
that too not all the time, some time
Do you remember if you sustained any injury?
May I know your current height and weight?
154cm and 80kg
Have you had similar pain in the past?
Do you suffer from any medical illness?
Thanks for providing these details.
let me brief you.
The symptoms that you describe is definitely not normal.
There are 2 possibilities that I can think of
1. Acute inflammation secondary to unnoticed injury.
Knee is prone to multiple forces as we walk, climb and run.
Sharp movements can affect the knee support leading to dull ache and other associated complaints.
Since your complain is only of 2 days duration
this seems most likely.
2. The second possibility is of early arthritis.
two days back had a long walk,
May be the long walk induced some unwanted mechanical forces on knee support leading to this discomfort.
Arthritis simply refers to inflammation of joint and its structures.
When I said early arthritis, I mean an inflammation that is happening unknown to us from long time.
I see your weight is above normal BMI standards, in fact your weight is in obesity standards.
Excess weight and constant walking/knee movements lead to degeneration which start to manifest at this age.
In simple words, the discomfort you feel now may be the effects of long term events on the knee.
Are you following?
what is ur advice
These are the two possible condition that explain your current symptoms. Now what should be done.
1. You need rest. Resting the knee and avoid maximum weight bearing on the knee will eventually reduce the pain.
2. If the pain is severe and is troubling you, you can use pain killer such as ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 3-5 days.
3. Once you feel better, you need to concentrate on reducing weight.
don't think, i need pain killer
4. Check with an orthopedician if there are other clinical features of osteoarthritis.
The doctor may ask you to undergo X-ray to confirm that.
what i thought, it must be gas irritation. isn't possible?
If osteoarthritis is confirmed, you will need calcium supplements and avoiding strenuous physical exercise.
There is no such condition called gas in the joint.
then will check with Ortho
The pain and discomfort is secondary to inflammatory process that happens as a result of acute events or chronic long term movements.
Rest well and once you feel comfortable consult an orthopedician.
It is very essential that you motivate to shed excess weight.
That is going to be crucial if you wish to keep your knees healthy.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other questions?
no question as of now.
once again thank you.
have a nice day.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Baby purple knees and feet
- Wake up collarbone tight
- Can you drink wine while on labetalol
- Synthroid and swelling above collarbone
- Disk osteophyte complex slightly encroaches on ventral sac
- Sore knees ankles and feet
- Pain in right collarbone
- Drinking pineapple juice vagina
- Treatment of drinking kerosine
- Painful knee and feet
- If kid drinks lysol
- Knee pain and swollen feet
- Quit drinking to normalize spgt levels
- Numb feet ankles and knees
- Im worried about my right neck swelling above collarbone