Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Diet for one with elevated cholesterol level - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Cholesterol
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help youi
User :   Hello Doctor, Good morning. I just wanted to know about the diet
User :   If we have cholesterol level high than normal what diet we should adopt to
Doctor :   Good question
Doctor :   High cholesterol shall be dealt in following ways
Doctor :   First the person detected with high chl is given a conservative managment
Doctor :   with diet and exercise
User :   I just wanted to know if coconut not the dried one increases cholesterol level.
Doctor :   it shall be kept for 6 months
Doctor :   later the doctor decides whether to add the medication or not
Doctor :   The diet in high chgoelesterol condition should
Doctor :   40% to 50% of carbohydrates
Doctor :   20 to 30 % of protein
Doctor :   and 20 to 30% of fat
Doctor :   the fat should be mono unsaturated fats or Poly unsaturated fats
Doctor :   if the cholesterol is high the sat fats should not be mmore than 10% of total fats
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   as i am with many patients please login again for further caht
Doctor :   ok bye
User :   Thanks Doctor. Bye
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor