Diarrhea and rashes - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello
How can i help you?
User : my 17 month old son has diahrrea and its pure liquid.
User : and it has caused him 2 get a bad rash that in some spots has taken skin off his little bottom
User : he has no other symptoms tho
Doctor : is the diarrhea still present?
User : we have been giving him powerade and dry toast and i have been putting desitin on his rash and letting him play in the tub for about 30 mins b4 bed time.
User : yes the diarrhea is still present. its nothing but pure liquid
Doctor : ok
User : nothing is helpin the diarrhea or the rash
Doctor : diarrhea is from how many days?
User : 3 or 4 maybe 5
Doctor : have you got the stool examination done?
User : no
this is indicated in this case
User : i havent taken him to a ped yet. i didnt think itd last this long
User : and he is fine other than the diarrhea. no fever he eatrs and drinks fine
it may require antibiotic and it will be decided by the stool test
and the rash will subside only once the diarrhea is controlled
User : so i have no other choice then to take him to the doctor? no home remedies will fix this 1?
as the stools are watery and it is since 4 to 5 days it is infective in cause and you need to visit doc
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Calcium deposits in babys rib
- Baby with low calcium
- Calcium oxalates in baby
- Welts and diarrhea and rash in a baby
- Can you have mosquito bites on the eyelid line?
- Giving calcium to babies iv
- Itchy rash and diarrhea
- Dog bite second time what vaccination
- Drinking milk for scorpion bites
- Calamane lotion for babies
- Groin rash after diarrhea
- Nausea diarrhea rash on torso
- Dog bite me with pant im infected wtih rabies
- Rash on torso and diarrhea
- Dog bite precautions diet restrictions