Diarrhea and rashes - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello
How can i help you?
User : my 17 month old son has diahrrea and its pure liquid.
User : and it has caused him 2 get a bad rash that in some spots has taken skin off his little bottom
User : he has no other symptoms tho
Doctor : is the diarrhea still present?
User : we have been giving him powerade and dry toast and i have been putting desitin on his rash and letting him play in the tub for about 30 mins b4 bed time.
User : yes the diarrhea is still present. its nothing but pure liquid
Doctor : ok
User : nothing is helpin the diarrhea or the rash
Doctor : diarrhea is from how many days?
User : 3 or 4 maybe 5
Doctor : have you got the stool examination done?
User : no
this is indicated in this case
User : i havent taken him to a ped yet. i didnt think itd last this long
User : and he is fine other than the diarrhea. no fever he eatrs and drinks fine
it may require antibiotic and it will be decided by the stool test
and the rash will subside only once the diarrhea is controlled
User : so i have no other choice then to take him to the doctor? no home remedies will fix this 1?
as the stools are watery and it is since 4 to 5 days it is infective in cause and you need to visit doc
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Using anovate during pregnancy
- Sintomas ng ulcer at kidney
- Can you run a fever with allergies
- Welts and diarrhea and rash in a baby
- Is ginger good for cough
- White chalky substance in urine in male toddler
- What foods contain lactose
- Itchy rash and diarrhea
- Cheston cold for throat pain
- Symptoms of paint fumes numbness
- Groin rash after diarrhea
- Nausea diarrhea rash on torso
- Quickest way to break a fever
- Benefits of tulsi tea
- Rash on torso and diarrhea