Diagnosed with kidney stone. Medication to pass it through urine? - Online Doctor Chats
Are their any medications that will help in passing the stone through urine?
What is your age, occupation
I am 22 years, a engineer
What is the size of the stone?
Did you have pain and went to a doctor for check up ? Or was it an incidental detection?
What treatment did the doctor give?
Or asked to wait and watch
Doctor asked me take lots of fluid. He had given some medications to avoid infection
Since the stone is just over 5 mm and is in the distal part of the ureter (tube) it is highly likely to be passed into the bladder soon and then out through the urine
I do not support any active removal of stone
or no medicines will help in easy passing out
Just intake of water suffice
What medicine did the doctor suggest?
Are you with me here?
Doctor did not suggest medicines to pass/dissolve the stone. He prescribed me to take pain killers and antibiotics. How many days or months can I wait for it to pass. In fact its already one I was diagnosed to have to kidney stone.
* one month
It takes a month to three months for the stone to pass off
or the size would have reduced
if the size reduces the chances of spontaneous passing increases
Does the stone size decrease?
How? Should I take some medicine or particular food/fluid?
No it reduces by itself with lot of water intake
Intake water is like flushing water with force in the duct which is blocked with debris in the kitchen
More urine is created the higher chances of the stone being passed
Ok. Good to know that it can reduce in size and pass away with lot of water intake.
Thank You Doctor for your time and suggestion.
How can I contact you again if required?
Thank you for visiting
You can login on chat and ask for my name
or else you can request a call back from me
through the dashboard
I can call you
Ok. Thank you Doctor. Hope it will pass away soon.
within 15 to 20 minutes
Thank You, Bye. :-)
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What is borderline creatine level
- Creatine levels borderline in pregnant woman
- What does borderline kidney function mean
- What are the treatment available for sensorineural hearing loss
- Biscopban kidney stones medication
- Need medication for kidney stone
- My kidney hurt then my tail bone
- Is it safe to drink whisky once in a week
- Can kidney stone be cured by medication
- 69 years old overweight what should be my scrotum size
- Drugs/medication for Kidney stones
- Small bumps in vagina near cervix danger sign
- Found elevated creatinine level how to lower this
- Kidney stones medication
- Borderline dilation pelvicaliceal system