Diagnosed with bilateral basal ganglia calcification. What is that? - Online Doctor Chats
i just wanted to knw 1 thng
Please tell me
what is that?
i am trying to find this online..but unable to do so
Basal ganglia are a small part of brain
actually on friday night..at around 2am...she went to washroom & when tried to get over her bed..she fainted
which resulted in bleeding...and some swelling in her nose..
Usually concerned with memory function and some other functions
when me & my fathr woke up at 7am...she was lying on the floor all in blood
we rushed to a near by hos[ital
I am really sorry for that!
ENT doctr n emergency doctr were available...neuro was nt thr
its ok..dnt b sry..
she is doing well nw..
as the doctors suggested to come agn on monday n consult neurologist
bt they said that it could be a case of bilateral basal ganglia calcification
Actually, basal ganglia calcification can be normal in some people
as they said that getting fainted ws just becz of some brain related prblm
Mostly, in people above 50
ok...bt it ws d 1st tym 4 hr
bt wt r the causes/
she is suffering from athritis...n gtng treated..
is it related?
I mean to say in about 1% of all the people who undergo CT, IT CAN BE SEEN
can u pls explain this in simple language...so that i could understand what exactly it is
But, it should be clinically correlated bases on physical and neurological exam
for that v'll be gng to he neuro tomorrow
That will be good
I was trying to say that it can be a normal incidental finding in many old people
what i found from internet is that it is caused becz of calcium lumps..is it?
my fear is what..that some doctr says that it could lead to cancer too???
Not just that one, but there are lot more other causes and even it can be completely normal
means it completely depends on what the neuro will find
thanx a lot doctr
You are welcome!
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Common side effect of aricept
- Bilateral basal ganglia affection in chid mri
- Adult calcific vasopathy basal ganglia
- Treatment of torticollis in pregnancy
- Side effects of daptomycin iv
- Spinal osteophytosis
- Basal ganglia calcification hemorrhage
- Quinapril 20 mg side effects
- Dizzy feeling after cervical fusion
- Treatment of fatty tumors on the spine
- 300 mg lithium side effects
- Vestibulocochlear nerve treatment
- Yoga cure for basal ganglia calcification
- What does a tumor in the basal ganglia mean
- Chemotherapy regimens for colon cancer